CTSI: Community Resources
General Information about Clinical Trials
- Clinical Trials of Medical Treatments: Why Volunteer? - US Food and Drug Administraion (FDA)
- Clinical Trials: With Informed Samaritans, a Key Way to Advance Science and Medicine, Benefit Others -- and Receive Leading-Edge Therapies - Glenn D. Bernstein, M.D., Chairman of the Department of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai
- Your Rights as a Research Participant - University of Maryland, School of Medicine
Communities and Research Resources
- Community Tool Box
The Community Tool Box is a global resource for information on essential skills for building healthy communities and collaborations.
- Guide to Community Preventive Services
The Guide is a resource to help choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in your community. It answers these questions: Which program and policy interventions have been proven effective? Are there effective interventions that are right for my community? What might effective interventions cost; what is the likely return on investment?
- Partnership Trust Tool
The Partnership Trust Tool is designed to engage academic, community, and public health practice partners in a dialogue about issues that foster and hinder trust.
Find citations to journal articles using PubMed. It includes the fields of biomedicine and health, covering portion of the life sciences, behavioral sciences, chemical sciences, and bioengineering.
National Associations and Centers
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- American Cancer Society
- National Cancer Institure
- American Lung Association
- National Kidney Foundation
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Center on Sleep Disorders Research
- Healthy Living
Publications in Scientific Journals
- Development and Evaluation of a Toolkit to Assess Partnership Readiness for Community-Based Participatory Research
Progress in Community Health Parternships: Research, Education and Action. Vol. 5(2), Summer 2011.
- Balancing Scientific and Community Interests in Community-Based Participatory Research.
Published in final edited form as: Account Res. 2010 July; 17(4): 198-210.
- Beyond the Medical Model: Interdisciplinary Programs of Community-Engaged Health Research.
Published in final edited form as: Clin Transl Sci. 2011 August; 4(4): 285-297.
- Community Conceptualizations of Health: Implications for Transdisciplinary Team Science.
Published in final edited form as: Clin Transl Sci. 2011 June; 4(3): 163-167.