Parking & Transportation
Students parking on the University of Maryland, Baltimore campus must display a valid permit.
Commuter Student Parking
Located at Lexington Garage, 680 W. Lexington Street on the corners of Pine & Lexington streets. Student parking is available on a first come/first served basis and does not guarantee a parking space; however, we do our best to provide a space for everyone. Our commuter student permits are to be used while you are attending classes and do not allow for overnight parking. Abusers could lose their parking privileges on campus permanently.
Driving Directions To Lexington Garage
- From MLK Blvd., traveling north make a right onto Saratoga St., then a right onto Pine St. Make a left onto Lexington St., and the garage is on your immediate left.
- From MLK Blvd., traveling south make a left onto Saratoga St., then a right onto Pine St. Make a left onto Lexington St., and the garage is on your immediate left.
- If you are traveling north on Paca St., make a left onto Lexington St. Proceed thru 1st light and go two blocks. The entrance to the Lexington garage will be on your right.
How Do I Purchase A Parking Permit?
- Complete the student application on line and pay the $5.00 fee with your Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express. For an additional fee of $1.25, we will mail your permit to the address you provide on your application. When your permit arrives, be sure to read the information because you will have to go back on line to activate the permit. The on-line process will be available beginning August 9th
- If you wish to pick your permit up, please choose that option. Student permits may be picked up between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. in the Parking Office in Pearl Garage at 622 W. Fayette Street (across the street from the V.A. Hospital) BEGINNING AUGUST 6TH.
- Your name must be listed on the student roster in the Registrars Office or your request will be denied. If that happens, print your application and bring it to the Parking Office with your Vehicle Registration and proof that you are a student (i.e. acceptance letter or schedule).
MTA College Program
Monthly MTA (bus) passes are sold to students in the Parking Office at a discount rate of $39.00 per month with a valid student ID.
Located at 400 W. Lexington Street it offers ½ price parking - $33.00 prepaid monthly. A limited number of spaces will be available; watch for notices posted in the garage or check the website for date of available spaces.
The cost of the permit is $5.00, and the daily parking fee is $4.00. Voucher packs can be purchased from the Parking Office using cash, check or credit card. Students can purchase up to four packs at a time or 40 vouchers at a cost of $40.00 per pack. Using vouchers eliminates the need to carry cash.
Where Do I Park The First Day I Arrive On Campus?
On the first day you arrive on campus, go to the Lexington Garage displaying your new student permit. If you don't purchase your permit before the first day of school, just inform the attendant that you are a new student and pay the $4.00 daily parking fee and visit the Parking Office to purchase your new permit. There will be a complete kiosk available in the lobby in Pearl Garage to purchase a permit on line. You must purchase a 07/08 permit by Sept. 14th or you will not be granted access to the Lexington garage.
Can I Park In Other UMB Parking Facilities?
After 4 p.m. on weekdays, students who have already paid for parking in Lexington Garage may move their vehicle to any other garage (if so desired) without having to pay for parking again. You must keep your payment stub and turn it in at the 2nd garage to avoid paying. Sign your name and permit number on the receipt or ticket from Lexington Garage and give it to the cashier when exiting the 2nd garage. Evening students arriving on campus after 4 p.m. on weekdays and all weekend may park in any facility and pay the student rate of $4.00 when displaying a valid student permit. All students must remove their cars by 9 a.m. or you will be considered a visitor and charged the maximum visitor rate.
I am a Dorm Student - How Do I Get Parking and How Much Do I Pay?
The dormitory resident parking fee per semester for the 2007/08 school year is $275.00. If you pay for the entire school year before or by September 6th the cost is $500.00. Dormitory residents are allowed 24-hour parking, so they may not purchase a daily permit. More details are available at the Residence Life Office at (410) 706-7766 or Parking Services at (410) 706-6603.
See the Resident Student application, print out the application form and bring the application to the Parking Office between 8:30a.m. and 5:00p.m. Monday to Friday for processing. If you will be living in the neighborhood but not in UMB housing, we cannot provide overnight parking for you. If you will be living at University Suites your parking must come thru University Suites and not the UMB Parking Office.
Our UMB Caravan operates in the evening on campus and in the communities to the west and south of campus where there is a large student population. This service is available on an on-call basis. On campus call x6-CVAN (2826). From any off campus phone call (410) 706-CVAN (2826).
The inter-campus shuttle (Downtown Line) runs Monday through Friday between UMBC and UMB year round. Call UMBC at 410 455-2454 for information and schedules. If we can be of assistance or you develop any parking problems after your arrival, the Parking Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please do not hesitate to call us at 410 706-6603.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
University System of Maryland
Student Services: (410) 706-7117
Records & Registration: (410) 706-7480
Financial Aid: (410) 706-7347
1000 Hilltop Circle