Post Doctoral Fellows
This title is used for employee/trainees who hold the Ph.D. or M.D. degree and who will be participating in research activities involving their training and scientific skills. Grant-supported post doctoral fellowships are a typical example.
- Office of Academic Administration
- Dean’s Approval
- Letter from the Department Chair, Program Director, Center Director, or Institute Director to the Dean must include the following details:
- Full name of candidate
- Academic degree held
- Institution the fellow graduated from
- Area of specialty
- Nature of the fellowship
- Advisor/Principal Investigator here at UMB
- Effective date
- Length of the fellowship
- Total annual salary
- Source of funding
- Verification of Graduation - (Applicable to recent graduates only - see above) An official transcript OR an original letter from the registrars' office stating that the fellow has completed all degree requirements and the date the degree will be awarded.
- CV VERIFICATION FORM
- CV FORMAT
- SOM SALARY SHEET
- SOM Data Information Form
- Office of Postdoctoral Scholars form
- PAYROLL ACTION FORM AND NECESSARY PAYROLL DOCUMENTATION (Payroll action forms may be submitted along with the letter requesting the fellowship, however they are not required).
- Please refer to the NIH website for recommended Post Doctoral Fellow Stipend levels .