Division of Urology
Professor of Surgery
The University of Maryland's Division of Urology is comprised of physicians with advanced surgical skills who have access to technology available at only a handful of medical centers in the country. We offer state-of-the-art care for patients in need of traditional and advanced procedures for all conditions of the urinary tract. Against the backdrop of patient care and research, all graduating residents are superbly trained and able to pursue careers in academic urology. Surgeon-scientists perform cutting-edge research on pertinent urologic problems and focus on translational research to bring potential solutions to problems facing clinical urologists. Faculty are engaged in multiple extramurally funded clinical trials which bring science into the clinical arena.
- NIH funded research leading to a prostate cancer vaccine;
- NIH funded research in the use of alternative medicine for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH);
- Minimally invasive surgical program for renal cancer led by internationally recognized physician Michael Phelan, M.D.
- Top five highest volume penile implant practices in the world managed by Andrew Kramer, M.D.
- Rated No. 15 in U.S. News & World Report's 2012-13 "Best Hospitals" ranking.
- Alexander, Richard B., M.D.
- Borin, James F, M.D.
- Jacobs, Stephen C , M.D.
- Kramer, Andrew C , M.D.
- Naslund, Michael J , M.D.
- Phelan, Michael W , M.D.