The Media Relations Team assists members of the news media with all of the elements necessary to develop and cover stories at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and the University of Maryland Medical Center.
The Media Relations Team publicizes newsworthy discoveries and achievements by our physicians and scientists, reports substantial grant awards and journal publications, and highlights stories of human interest.
Working closely with local reporters and the national media, the media relations staff provides the public with important health related news and information about biomedical research.
- Responding to inquiries from print and broadcast journalists, and arranging interviews with faculty, staff and students
- Planning and coordinating news conferences and other events of interest to the news media
- VideoLink ReadyCam broadcast studio for live and taped interviews of University of Maryland experts
- Offering story ideas to reporters, editors, and producers
- Writing and distributing news releases and feature stories for internal and external publications and for the Web
- Training faculty and staff for more effective communication with reporters
- Tracking media coverage of the School of Medicine in local, national and international news publications and broadcasts
Media Relations Team
University of Maryland School of Medicine and
University of Maryland Medical Center
Office Phone: (410) 328-8919
Fax: (410) 328-0703
|David J. Kohn, MA
Director of Medical / Science Media Relations
Director, Media Relations &
Assistant Director, Media Relations
|Karen E. Warmkessel
Media Relations Manager