Division of Pediatric Education
The mission of the Division of Pediatric Education is to create and foster an educationally driven environment where everyone is engaged and invested in learning for now and learning for life.
Our vision is to be effective leaders in the department of pediatrics and work in an environment where people are sensitive to the needs of children and their families, and passionate about learning and become leaders in their field.
We oversee the residency training programs in Categorical Pediatrics and co-lead the residencies in Internal Medicine-Pediatrics and Pediatrics-Emergency Medicine. We also administer all of the teaching programs for medical students at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, as well as serve as advisors and mentors to medical students who are interested in careers in pediatrics.
Our faculty are involved in medical education research and curriculum development on a national level, including a study of an oral case presentation rating tool, creation of a competency-based curriculum in pediatrics to span the medical school-residency continuum, and development of an eFolio connector system for physicians.
Division Faculty and Staff
- Linda Orkin Lewin, MD, Division Chief, Associate Chair for Educational Programs
- Erin Giudice, MD, Residency Program Director
- Nicole Mallory, MD, Chief Resident
- PattiJo Jaiyeola, MD, Chief Resident
Part-time education Faculty
- Leah Millstein, MD, Associate Program Director
- Jason Custer, MD, Assistant Program Director
- Robert Habicht, MD, Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Program Director
- Regina Macatangay, MD, Co-clerkship Director
- Susan Feigelman, MD, Continuity Clinic Director
- Debra Weber, MD, Mercy Medical Center
- Ronald San Juan, MD, Mercy Medical Center
- Grace Polanco, Residency Program Coordinator
- Rose Robinson, Clerkship Coordinator
- Davina Gilliam, Administrative Assistant
22 South Greene Street, Room N5W70
Baltimore, MD 21201