The University of Maryland will be using VSAS, the Visiting Student Application Service, to receive visiting student applications for the academic year. Applications may be submitted through VSAS starting on April 30th. For more information on VSAS, please visit www.aamc.org/vsas or contact VSAS at email@example.com or (202)478-9878.
VSAS is only available for medical students from U.S. LCME accredited schools to use. We do not accept osteopathic or international students.
Canadian Medical Students Only
For full consideration, applications (with supporting documents, if required) must be received in the Office of Student Affairs at least 60 days prior to the start of the requested electives and must be properly completed. All incomplete applications will be returned.
You can reference our application, forms, catalogs, academic calendar and other general information through our website. For more information on our visiting student electives, please contact Ms. Sonia Beasley at (410) 706-7476.
Thank you and we look forward to your visit.
- Search Electives and available dates
- Located left-hand side top of page, click “Search Electives”
- Complete catalog year, specialty, and institution – click Search
- Offered electives will appear in separate window
- Click the course name to see dates offered
- Click “Catalog URL” to review course offering and contacts
- General Guidelines for Elective Application
- Visiting Student Elective Application (Paper Application is for Canadian Medical Students Only!)
- Essential Requirement for Admission, Academic Advancement, and Graduation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Immunization/Health Insurance/Liability Requirements
- Student Health Clearance Form
- TB Questionnaire