Timeline for Applications
- Begin drafting your Curriculum Vitae – Start to document the following:
- All extracurricular, volunteer and research activities
- USMLE 1 Score
- Start to contemplate whom from your third year attendings you would like to write some of your letters of recommendation (LoR)
- Identify which OSA Dean you would like to write your MSPE and advise you with your residency process.
- Discuss with your MSPE writer
- Letters of Recommendation
- 4th year schedule
- List of residency programs
- Number of applications to residency programs
- Personal Statement
- Research programs of interest and find out their requirements and deadlines.
- Have your photo taken by Photo and Graphics Group.
- Go into MedScope and create your Unique Characteristics. This is located in MyMedscope under the graduation tab. For a unique characteristics sample, click here.
- Send OSA your completed Curriculum Vitae.
- Fill out your VSAS Application and load your profile. For questions about VSAS, please contact: Sonia Beasley
- Meet with your OSA Dean regarding your MSPE.
- Your CV must be on file in the Office of Student Affairs. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting with OSA to go through the ERAS application, LOR upload and assignment process.
- Tokens (to register with ERAS) will be available and will be e-mailed to you.
- After July 1st, Register on MyERAS and register for one or more of the Match programs.
- Create your Profile and MyERAS application
- Write personal statements, request letters of recommendation, and authorize transmission of your USMLE transcripts.
- Select programs of interest.
- Begin applying to residency programs.
- Apply and pay for programs.
- Assign all documents (except transcript and photo) to each individual program. (Do this as documents are available instead of waiting for everything to be in for a given program.)
- Review MSPE for errors
- Certify and submit your MyERAS application on September 15th. Your goal should be to have everything except perhaps a few LORs uploaded into ERAS by no later than September 15th
- OSA will have your transcript uploaded to ERAS by September 15th.
- Check the Applicant Document Tracking System (ADTS): This is a function that allows you to track your supporting documents. Supporting documents include your letters of recommendation, MSPE, Transcripts, and photo. OSA uploads letters of recommendations daily. If you do not see a LoR in ADTS, please contact your letter writer. If they have not been uploaded and you believe they were delivered then contact OSA.
- USMLE transcripts should be released to ERAS automatically. Programs do not want anything sent directly.
- MSPE submitted to programs.
- Last LOR's should be submitted.
Check the Applicant Document Tracking System (ADTS) to follow your documents. If they have not been uploaded and you believe they were delivered to OSA, then check with Dawn Roberts email@example.com.