School of Medicine Electives
- Shanghai East Hospital - International Medical Internship Program
Things to consider when planning an international elective:
- M3 students: Please make sure to speak with an OSA Dean prior to applying to an international elective. In the 4th year, students will be busy with the residency application process. OSA Deans can help students pick the best month for international travel.
- Please read over the 4th year section of Academic Handbook prior to considering an international elective.
- Please read the Pre-Travel Requirements if applying for an off-campus elective.
- Please check the United States Travel Warning List prior to applying for an elective. If the country where the internal elective is taking place is on the Travel Warning List, students will not be approved for that elective.
- Please read over the UMB Campus International Travel Resources page.