Educational Objectives of the School of Medicine
Broadly stated, the educational objectives of the School of Medicine are:
- To educate students intensively and broadly in the clinical and scientific aspects of medicine.
- To prepare students to engage in a lifetime of learning in order that they may successfully adapt to the changing world around them.
- To achieve a high level of professional competence and social awareness.
- To provide opportunities for students at every level of training to pursue areas of special interest for intellectual stimulation and/or career advancement.
- To encourage the development of highly competent primary care physicians, clinical specialists and scholars in basic and clinical research, teaching and academic administration.
Last Revision: January 29, 2013