Electives Catalog: Overview
Donna L. Parker, MD
Associate Dean, Office of Student Affairs
Associate Director, Office of Student Affairs
Main Training Sites
- University of Maryland Medical Center: The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the heart of the University of Maryland Medical System's downtown campus. The hospital provides comprehensive care for the West Baltimore community and tertiary care for Maryland and the surrounding area. The hospital has more intensive care beds than any other hospital in Maryland. University of Maryland Medical Center is the principal clinical site for graduate medical education and the University of Maryland School of Medicine provides the faculty and the program direction.
- Baltimore VA Medical Center: The Baltimore VA Medical Center is the acute medical and surgical care facility for the VA Maryland Health Care System and offers a full range of inpatient, outpatient and primary care services. Located next to the University of Maryland Medical Center with a walkway connecting the two facilities, the medical center maintains an active affiliation with the University in the sharing of staff, resources and technology.
- R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center: The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center provides the highest level of trauma care, treating more that 7,000 critically ill and injured patients. The Shock Trauma Center is the designated statewide referral center for head and spinal injuries, multi-system trauma, and severe orthopaedic injuries.
Off Campus Affiliate Hospitals
Please note, affiliate hospitals may have additional requirements for elective rotations. Students are encouraged to discuss application requirements with the designated contact person.
- Mercy Medical Center
- St. Agnes Hospital
- Franklin Square Hospital Center
- University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
- UMMC Midtown Campus
- Sheppard Pratt Health System
- The Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC)
Last Revision: October 8, 2013