Clinical & Translational Research (CTR) Core
Director: A. P. Goldberg, M.D.
Co-Director: Alice Ryan, Ph.D.
- Geisinger Health Center
Director: Christopher Still, D.O.
- Amish Research Clinic
Director: Alan Shuldiner, M.D.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Director: William Rumpler, Ph.D.
The CTR Core serves as the central NORC resource to facilitate the conduct of clinical nutrition research. The CTR Core's multidisciplinary team of experts in nutrition, exercise physiology, body composition, metabolism and behavioral therapy will assist and train NORC investigators in the skills necessary to conduct clinical nutrition research. It will also provide comprehensive quality-controlled phenotyping of research subjects with respect to the following basic nutrition and physical activity assessments:
- Medical evaluation and screening
- Body composition and regional fat distribution
- Exercise capacity and ambulatory function
- Dietary intake and nutritional status