Research & Clinical Services
Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
- Richard Y. Zhao, Ph.D., Director of Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory and Division Head of Molecular Pathology (6-6300; email@example.com)
- Sanford Stass, M.D., Director of Laboratories of Pathology, Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology (8-1237; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Clinical Diagnostic Services
The Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory at the University of Maryland Medical Center offers molecular diagnostic testing in all area of molecular pathology, including infectious diseases, genetic disorders and cancer detections. Our laboratory is certified by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA ID#: 21D0923512), the College of American Pathologists (CAP ID#: 1351414) and the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (Permit Number 837). A list of the current molecular diagnostic tests is as follows:
* By special request only
Translational Research Services
The Division of Molecular Pathology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine offers molecular pathology-related services for research in all area of molecular pathology including infectious diseases, cardiovascular diseases, psychiatric and genetic disorders and cancer detections. The Division of Molecular Pathology currently has sixteen faculty members who are experts in various area of Molecular Pathology.
Types of service includes, but are not limited to:
- Gene detection by PCR
- Quantification of gene expression
- Molecular typing and SNPs of a specific gene of interest
- DNA sequencing
- Use of Quantum dots (Qdots) for gene detection
- Single molecule (nucleic acid, protein or polysaccharide) detections.
In collaboration with the Pathology Biorepository and Research Core (PBRC), led by Dr. William Rodgers, we provide additional services including:
- DNA/RNA extraction of banked tissues
- Nucleic acid storage of tumor and normal tissues
- Molecular cataloging of tumor mutation status, e.g., p53 status
- Molecular profiling
- Specific cancer detection
For more information about these translational research-related services, please contact Dr. Richard Zhao at 6-6300 or email: email@example.com.
To learn the most recent developments regarding our services, send an email to Dr. Zhao at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of "Molecular Profile," the newsletter of Molecular Diagnostics and Molecular Pathology.