The mission of the Enrichment Program is to foster collaboration both among MOKC members and investigators outside the University of Maryland Baltimore, and to promote the visibility of the MOKC locally, nationally, and internationally. We strive to disseminate knowledge about hypertension, metabolism, and molecular physiology in the professional community. Attracting young people needed for the recruitment and training of the next generation of MOKC scientists is also a top priority.
- conduct seminars and mini-symposia to enhance knowledge and promote interactions among researchers in the Mid-Atlantic Region - achieved by monthly MOKC Research Seminars, visiting scientists, annual/bi-annual Mini Symposia, focus group and data club meetings, and video conferencing and web storage of seminars and symposia for access to all members;
- sponsor visiting scientists to learn new methodologies/ techniques in the laboratory of MOKC scientists;
- promote and enhance knowledge about hypertension, metabolism, and molecular physiology in medical and professional education - by residents, fellows and faculty, medical students, and graduate and undergraduate students;
- foster collaboration and interaction with established research centers and training programs;
- enrichment through the MOKC website; and
- sponsor summer internship programs for qualifying graduate, undergraduate, and medical students.