Employment & Internship Opportunities
Participate in this exciting research opportunity and gain valuable experience in your field! You could potentially earn upper level credits for school and an internship looks great on your resume and graduate school applications.
We are looking for committed, responsible individuals to work a minimum of 10 hours a week, 2 days a week, in 5 hour time blocks. Internship is on a volunteer basis.
The types of duties an internship might entail:
- Recruiting participants
- Scheduling interviews, making appointments, and contacting participants
- Helping facilitate parent groups on topics pertaining to nutrition, physical activity, parenting skills, and child safety
- Conducting participant interviews
- Classroom set up
- Collecting data
- Filing and other office duties
- Data entry and analysis
Reasons to Volunteer or Intern:
- Be involved in cutting edge research
- Strengthen your resume
- Publication opportunities
- Improve your interpersonal skills
- Gain an understanding of how to conduct community research
- Potentially earn credits for school
- It's fun!
If you'd like to apply for an internship or volunteer position, please fill out the volunteer information form and email Grace Paik, Children's Health Watch Project Coordinator or phone her at 410-706-8308.
If interested internship positions, please send resume or CV to:
Children's Health Watch Project Coordinator
University of Maryland, School of Medicine
Department of Pediatrics
737 West Lombard Street, Suite 136
Baltimore, MD 21201
There are currently no employment opportunities available in the Growth and Nutrition Division.