The success of this Program will depend upon active engagement and participation of the faculty and your membership will help us to achieve our goals. As the Program matures, members will receive the following benefits.
- Access to resources for invited speakers, DNA samples from well-characterized subjects, expertise in genetics/genomics, sharing of reagents and equipment.
- Access to clinical genotyping/sequencing services provided by our CLIA approved Translational Genomics Laboratory.
- Ability to deposit and withdraw samples from the UMMS biobank.
- Access to research nurse services for patient recruitment into the UMMS biobank.
- Co-investigatorship on the planned training and center grants as well as other collaborative grant opportunities.
- Advice on study design for clinic trials in personalized medicine.
Participation in numerous planned educational activities including seminars, grand rounds, symposia, and
- Input into the growth of the program, including the recruitment of new faculty in genetics/genomics to the University of Maryland, equipment needs, genetics/genomics services, etc.
- Consultation services for use of the Biopolymer/Genomics Core and Institute of Genomic Science to promote new research in genetics/genomics.
- Opportunity to be actively engaged in the process of planning and implementing new projects and programs that will directly benefit your own research
To join the Program in Personalized and Genomic Medicine, please complete this form, and send by fax, mail or email to:
Program in Personalized and Genomic Medicine
Howard Hall, Room 570A
All applications will be presented to the Executive Committee for approval.