- Medical school: Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, India, 1992.
- Internship: Intern in Preliminary Medicine, Deaconess Hospital, St Louis, Missouri, 1997-1998.
- Residency: Resident and Chief Resident, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 1998-2001.
- Fellowship: Fellow in Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, 2001-2002.
- Instructor And Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 2003-2005.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 2005-2006.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore - February 2007 to present.
Lawton JS, Deshpande SP, Zanaboni P, Damiano, Jr.,RJ. Spontaneous atrioventricular groove disruption during off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2005; Vol 79 issue 1: 339-341
McDonald SB, Jacobsohn E, Kopacz DJ, Deshpande S, Helman JD, Francis Salinas, Hall RA. Parasternal block and local anesthetic infiltration with levobupivacaine after cardiac surgery with desflurane: The effect on postoperative pain, pulmonary function, and tracheal extubation times. Anesthesia and Analgesia 2005; 100:25-32.
Bernstein WK, Deshpande S. Pre-operative evaluation for thoracic surgery. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2008 June; 12(2): 109-21
Rehman A, Garcia J, Deshpande S, Fitzpatrick M, Odonkor P, Zimrin D, Griffith B, Bonatti J. Poor left ventricular function is not a contraindication for robotic totally endoscopic coronary artery bypass grafting. Heart Surg Forum. Jun 2009; 12(3) E 152-4
Rehman A, Garcia J, Deshpande S, Odonkor P, Reicher B, Vesely M, Zimrin D, Griffith B, Bonatti J. Totally endoscopic coronary artery bypass grafting is feasible in morbidly obese patients. Heart Surg Forum. 2009 Jun;12(3): E 134-6
Fitzpatrick M, Deshpande S. Parkinson’s disease, Chapter 245, Fleisher & Roizen: Essence of Anesthesia Practice, 3e, 2010
Bonatti J, Rehman A, Schwartz K, Deshpande S, Kon ZN, Lehr EJ, Zimrin D, Griffith BP. Robotic totally endoscopic triple coronary artery bypass grafting on the arrested heart: report of the first successful clinical case. Heart Surg Forum. 2010;13:346–348.
Odonkor PN, Stansbury L, Garcia JP, Rock P, Deshpande SP, Grigore AM. Perioperative management of adult surgical patients on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2013 Apr;27(2):329-44.
Deshpande SP, Lehr E, Odonkor P, Bonatti JO, Kalangie M, Zimrin DA, Grigore AM. Anesthetic management of robotically assisted totally endoscopic coronary artery bypass surgery (TECAB). J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2013 Jun;27(3):586-99.
Deshpande SP, Fitzpatrick M, Grigore AM. Pro: Robotic Surgery Is the Preferred Technique for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2013 Aug;27(4):802-5.
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.