|Administrative Title: Medical Director
Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, Faculty of Medicine
Woodhull Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Master of Public Health
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI
- Procedural Sedation
- Quality improvement in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Gattu R, Lichenstein R, Teshome G. Telelmedicine applications in pediatric emergency medicine: A review of the current literature. Pediatric Emergency Care. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2016; 32(2):123-30.
- Trigylidas TE, Reynolds EM, Teshome G, Dykstra HK, Lichenstein, R; Pediatric suicide in the USA: analysis of the National Child Death Case Reporting System Inj Prev 2016;0:1â?"6. doi:10.1136/injuryprev-2015-041796
- Teshome G, Braun JL, Lichenstein R. Ketamine Sedation After Administration of Oral Contrast: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Hosp Pediatr. 2015 Sep; 5 (9): 495-500.
- Strobel AM, Gill VS, Witting MD, Teshome G. Emergent diagnostic testing for pediatric nonfebrile seizures. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Sep; 33 (9): 1261-4.
- Teshome G, Belani K, Braun JL, Constantine DR, Gattu RK, Lichenstein R. Comparison of Dexmedetomidine with Pentobarbital for Pediatric MRI Sedation. Hosp Pediatrics. 2014; 4:360-365
- Tefera M, Bacha T, Butteris S, Teshome G, Ross J, Hagen S, Svenson J, Busse H, Tefera G. Development of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Addis Ababa University Tikuranbessa Specialized Hospital (Ethiopia). Ethiop Med J. 2014 July; 27-37 Supp 2
- Leonard JR, Jaffe DM, Kuppermann N, Olsen C, Leonard JC, Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN). Cervical spine injury patterns in children. Pediatrics. 2014 May; 133 (5): e1179-88.
- Nguyen R, Bhat R, Teshome G. Question 2: is a lumbar puncture necessary in an afebrile infant with localized skin and soft tissue infection? Arch Dis Child. 2014 Jul; 99(7):695-698
- Anders JF, Adelgais K, Hoyle JD Jr, Olsen C, Jaffe DM, Leonard JC; Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN). Comparison of outcomes for children with cervical spine injury based on destination hospital from scene of injury. Acad Emerg Med. 2014;21(1):55-64.
- Gattu R, Teshome G, Closson F, Wright C, Lichenstein R. Inter-hospital Pediatric Patient Transfers- Factors influencing rapid disposition. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2014; 30(1):26-30.
- Lichenstein R, Teshome G. Pediatric Emergencies. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2013; 60 (5): xv-xvii.
- Teshome G, Gattu R, Brown R. Acute Bronchiolitis. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2013 Oct; 60 (5):1019-34.
- Utility of plain radiographs in detecting traumatic injuries of the cervical spine in children. Nigrovic LE, Rogers AJ, Adelgais KM, Olsen CS, Leonard JR, Jaffe DM, Leonard JC; Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN) Cervical Spine Study Group. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2012; 28(5):426-432.
- Leonard JC, Kuppermann N, Olsen C, Cimpello L, Brown KM, Mahajan P, Adelgais KM, Borgialli AJ, Donoghue A, Hoyle JD, Kim E, Leonard JR, Lillis KA, Nigrovic LE, Powell EC, Rebella G, Reeves S, Rogers AJ, Stankovic C, Teshome G, Jaffe DM and for the Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network. Factors Associated With Cervical Spine Injury in Children After Blunt Trauma. Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 58(2):145-155.
- Sillery JJ; Lichenstein R; Barrueto F; Teshome G. Hemolytic anemia induced by ingestion of paradichlorobenzene mothballs. Pediatric emergency care 2009; 25(4):252-4.
- Corneli HM, Zorc JJ, Majahan P, Shaw KN, Holubkov R, Reeves SD, Ruddy RM, Malik B, Nelson KA, Bregstein JS, Brown KM, Denenberg MN, Lillis KA, Cimpello LB, Tsung JW, Borgialli DA, Baskin MN, Teshome G, Goldstein MA, Monroe D, Dean JM, Kuppermann N; Bronchiolitis Study Group of the Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN). A multicenter, randomized, controlled trial of dexamethasone for bronchiolitis.
N Engl J Med. 2007; 357(4): 331-339.
- Teshome G, Closson F. Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act: the basics and other medico legal concerns. Pediatr Clinic North Am. 2006; 53(1): 139-55.
Frayha N, Bontempo L, Retener N, Teshome G, Wolfsthal S, Lewin L. Core entrustable professional activities: how confident are students and program directors? Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine, Atlanta, October 2015.
Douge J, Gattu R, Teshome G. A New Look at School Based TeleHealth program. platform presentation at AAP conference, Washington, DC, October 2015
Trigylidas T, Reynolds E, Teshome G, Dykstra H, Lichenstein R. Mental Health and Psychosocial Issues in Pediatric Suicide: Review of the National Child Death Case Reporting System. Platform presentation at AAP conference, Washington, DC, October 2015
Gattu R, DeFee SA, Teshome G, Lichenstein R. Total Cost of Care for Pediatric Patient Transfer – An Opportunity for Improvement Presented at the Pediatric Academic Society Annual meeting, Vancouver, Canada May 2014
Butteris SM, Heye TB, Dinerbu MT, Hagen SA, Ross J, Teshome G, Svenson JE, Rankin PM, Tefera G. A Novel Partnership Approach To Strengthen Pediatric Emergency Care in Ethiopia, Platform Presentation PAS, Washington, DC May 2013.
Gattu R, Lichenstein R, Garwood M, Weaver H, Teshome G, Evaluation of Inter-hospital Transfer of Pediatric Patients- Incidence of Rapid Discharge after Transfer. Poster Presentation AAP NCE, New Orleans, LA October 20-23 2012
Teshome G, Rafei K, Constantine K, Braun J, Gattu R, Lichenstein R. Comparison of Dexmedetomidine and Pentobarbital for Pediatric Procedural Sedation. Presented at the Pediatric Academic Society Annual meeting, Denver, Colorado 2011
Teshome G, Rafei K, Lichenstein R. Performance of Emergency Severity Index Version 4 in a Pediatric Emergency Department. Presented at the Pediatric Academic Society Annual meeting, Denver, Colorado 2011
Peralta L, Collinetti E, Husman C, Lowe S, Teshome G, Rafei K. Screening Adolescents for Chlamydia at Non- traditional Sites. Presented at the Annual Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine conference, Seattle Washington 2011
Rafei K, Teshome G, Bollinger MB. A Metered Dose Inhaler Based Acute Asthma Treatment Protocol is an Effective and Efficient Process for Children with Mild to Moderate Asthma Exacerbations in an Urban Pediatric Emergency Department. Presented at the 56th International Respiratory Congress, Las Vegas, Nevada, December 2010
Gast RA, Soriano AR, Teshome, G. Predictors of Meningitis in 0-3 months old Infants with Urinary Tract Infection. Presented at the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Annual Scientific Assembly, Las Vegas, Nevada 2010
Teshome, G; Janet B. Pediatric Sedation with Full Stomach; Is It Safe? Presented at the Fourth International Multidisciplinary Conference on Pediatric Sedation, Philadelphia, PA May 2008