1996 - 2001 B.S., Public Health, Hebei Medical University
2001 - 2006 Ph.D., Statistics and Epidemiology, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC)
2013-2015 Visiting scientist in University of Maryland School of Medicine
Dr. Huang's primary research interests include clinical, laboratory and field-based studies of tropic infectious diseases, with a focus on clinical trials of antimalarial drugs, malaria molecular and genomic epidemiology, surveillance of antimalarial drug resistance and the new surveillance techniques on malaria elimination.
- Huang F, Takala-Harrison S, Jacob C.G., Liu H, Sun X, Yang H, Nyunt M.M., Adams M, Zhou S, Xia Z, Ringwald P, Bustos M.D., Tang L, Plowe C.V.. A single mutation in K13 predominates in Southern China and is associated with delayed clearance of Plasmodium falciparum following artemisinin treatment. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2015 (in press).
- Liu H, Yang HL, Tang LH, Li XL, Huang F, Wang JZ, Li CF, Wang HY, Nie RH, Guo XR, Lin YX, Li M, Wang J, Xu JW. In vivo monitoring of dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine sensitivity in Plasmodium falciparum along the China-Myanmar border of Yunnan Province, China from 2007 to 2013. Malaria Journal, 2015, 14:47.
- Yin JH, Yan H, Huang F, Li M, Xiao HH, Zhou SS, Xia ZG. Establishing a China malaria diagnosis reference laboratory network for malaria elimination. Malaria Journal, 2015, 14:40.
- Zhang HW, Liu Y, Zhang SS, Xu BL, Li WD, Tang JH, Zhou SS, Huang F*. Preparation of Malaria Resurgence in China: Case Study of Vivax Malaria Re-emergence and Outbreak in Huang-Huai Plain in 2006. Advances in Parasitology, 2014, 86:205-230.
- Liu H, Yang HL, Tang LH, Li XL, Huang F, Wang JZ, Li CF, Wang HY, Nie RH, Guo XR, Lin YX, Li M, Xu JW. Monitoring Plasmodium vivax chloroquine sensitivity along China-Myanmar border of Yunnan Province, China during 2008â?"2013. Malaria Journal. 2014;13:364
- Chen SB, Ju C, Chen JH, Zheng B, Huang F, Ning X, Zhou X, Ernest T, Zhou XN. Operational research needs toward malaria elimination in China. Advances in Parasitology. 2014;86:109-33.
- Ernest T, Ahmed AA, Huang F, Chen JH, Zhou SS, Tang LL. Scaling up impact of malaria control programmes: a tale of events in Sub-Saharan Africa and People's Republic of China. Infect Diseases of Poverty. 2012;1:7
- Pan JY, Zhou SS, Zheng X, Huang F, Wang DQ, Shen YZ, Su YP, Zhou GC, Liu F, Jiang JJ. Vector capacity of Anopheles sinensis in malaria outbreak areas of central China J Parasites & Vectors. 2012;5:136.
- Huang F, Tang L, Yang H, Zhou S, Sun X and Liu H. Therapeutic efficacy of artesunate in the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria and anti-malarial, drug-resistance marker polymorphisms in populations near the China-Myanmar border. Malaria Journal.2012;11:278.
- Huang F, Tang L, Yang H, Zhou S, Li J and Guo S. Molecular epidemiology of drug resistance markers of Plasmodium falciparum in Yunnan Province, China. Malaria Journal. 2012;11:243.
- Huang F, Zhou S, Zhang S, Zhang H and Li W. Meteorological Factorsâ?"Based Spatio-Temporal Mapping and Predicting Malaria in Central China. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 2011;85(3):560-567.
- Huang F, Zhou S, Zhang S, Wang H. Temporal correlation analysis between malaria and meteorological factors in Motuo County, Tibet. Malaria Journal. 2011;10:54.
- Huang F, Zhou S, Zhang S, Li W and Zhang H. Monitoring resistance of Plasmdium vivax: Point mutations in dihydrofolate reductase gene in isolates from Central China. Parasites & Vectors. 2011;4:80.
- Zhou S, Huang F*, Wang JJ, Zhang SS, Su YP, Tang LL. Geographical, meteorological and vectorial factors related to malaria re-emergence in Huang-Huai River of central China, Malaria Journal. 2010;9:337.
- Huang F, Tang LH, Yu LQ, Ni YC, Wang QM, Nan FJ. In vitro potentiation of antimalarial activities by daphnetin derivatives against Plasmodium falciparum. Bio Enviro Sci. 2006;10:367-330.