Certification and Diplomas:
- Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Board Certified in Perinatal-Neonatal Medicine
- Masters in Health Professions Education
- PhD in Pediatrics
Faculty of Medicine. Suez Canal University. Ismailia, Egypt
- Residency in Pediatrics:
- Hasbro Children Hospital. Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Providence, RI, USA
- Suez Canal University Hospital. Ismailia. Egypt
- Pediatric Subspecialty Training:
- Fellowship in Perinatal-Neonatal Medicine Women and Infants Hospital. Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Providence, RI, USA
- Fellowship in Neonatal Transport
- Hospital of Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship in Medical Education:
- Foundation of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), ECFMG, Philadelphia, USA
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics. Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University. Ismailia, Egypt
- Director of the Perinatal-Neonatal Fellowship Program at King Fahd Armed Forces Hospital, Jeddah, SA.
- WHO consultant in Health-manpower Development and Program Evaluation
- Block Planner for Program Evaluation. Joint Masters in Health Professions Education (JMHPE). Maastricht University School of Medicine. The Netherlands jointly with the Faculty of Medicine. Suez Canal University Perinatal-Neonatal Medicine.
*El Metwally D, Azzam M, Abou Al-Seoud M. Medical professionalism adapted to faith and cultural beliefs. Med Educ. 2012 May;46(5):524-5 *Abou Al-Seoud M, Azzam A, Tanveer A, El-Metwally - Al-Asnaj M. Effect of an intervention on peripheral intravenous catheter infiltration rates in the Pediatric Department of King Fahad Armed Forces Hospital. Arch Dis Child 2012;97(Suppl 2): A1-A539.1564.
*Al-Harthy W, El Metwally D, Abou Al-Seoud. Vitamin D Levels in Near Term Infants. Arch Dis Child 2012;97(Suppl 2):A1-A376.1319
*Abou Al-Seoud M, Azzam MA, Hassan I, El-Metwally D. Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Health Professionals Regarding Breast Feeding in King Fahad Armed Forces Hospital. Arch Dis Child 2012;97(Suppl 2): A414.1457
*Azzam M, El-Metwally D, Zakry O. Serum Folate Levels in Sickle Cell Disease Patients on Regular Folic Acid Supplementation. American Journal of Hematology 2012;87(7):E1-E64.102
- El-Metwally D, Vohr B. Tucker R. Survival and neonatal morbidity. At the limits of Viability in mid nineties: 22-25 weeks. J Pediatr 2000; 137:616-22.
- Abdel Wahab A, Zeitoun A, Abdel Aziz A, El Metwally D, Ahmed Islam. Sarnat clinical staging compared to serum creatinine phosphokinase and nucleated red blood cells in assessing the severity of neonatal hypoxic encephalopathy. The Egyptian Journal of Neonatology 2003;4:81-88
- Barima E. El Metwally D. Effect of home-based counseling program on exclusive breast feeding in ismailia. Zagazig University Medical Journal 2002; Special Issue:451-460.
- El Metwally D. Saad A. Creamatocrit-based breast milk supplementation among the preterm. Is there a need? Neonatology 2004;12:83-40
- El Metwally D, Abdel Rahman A, El Sharkawi S. Neurodevelopmental assessment of infants with neonatal clinical subtle seizures. The Egyptian Journal of Neonatology 2004;5:93-104
- Zakaria O. El Metwally D. Congenital diaphragmatic hernia. medical and surgical approach. Medical Journal of the Suez Canal University, 2004 (7):137-144.
- Shabaan M. Magda El Beialy, El Metwally D. Antibiotic prophylaxis before versus after cord clamping. reflection on maternal and neonatal sepsis. Medical Suez Canal University Medical Journal 2004;7:145-150
- El Metwally D, Hassan T, Fath El Bab M, Mahgoub G. Assessment of bone mineral density among preterm using dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry. The Egyptian Journal of Neonatology 2006;7:35-43
- Abdel Wahab A, El Metwally D, Younis Y, Khashana A .Cardiac Troponin-1 as an early predictor of short term outcome in hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy. The Egyptian Journal of Neonatology. 2006;7:7-13
- El Metwally D, El Sharkawi S. Saied H. Early neurological examination as a predictor of abnormal cat/clams among infants with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy. International Proceedings of the 10th International Child Neurology Congress. Medimond 2006; Special Supplement: 149-160
- Hussein G, Fawzy M., El Serafi T, Ismail E, El-Metwally D, Saber M, Giansily M, Schved JF, Pissard S, Martinez PA. Rapid detection of β-thalassemia alleles in egypt using naturally or amplified created restriction sites and direct sequencing: a step in disease control. Hemoglobin, 2007;31:49-62.
- Lashine R, El-Gawly H#. W, El-Metwally D, Maurice Ch. Carbapenem antibiotics: clinical and microbiological evaluation in the treatment of neonates with sepsis resistant to standard lines of treatment. J. Egypt Soc. Pharmacol. Exp. 2007; 8(1):109-121
- Said H, El Metwally D. Thrombocytopenia among low birth weight neonates in a tertiary neonatal intensive care unit. The Egyptian Journal of Neonatology 2007;8(1):17-26
- El Sharkawy S, El Metwally, Nasr G, Abou Al-Lawah A, Farag Kh. Serum cardiac troponin as an early indicator of subclinical global myocardial infarction in children with chronic renal failure. Egyptian Pediatric Asociation Gazette 2008;56(3):5-12
- Said H*, El Metwally D#, Said N. Randomized control trial of early versus late enteral feeding in prematurely born infants with birth weight < 1200 grams. Kasr El Aini Medical Journal 2008;14(9): 1-9
Recent Conference Presentations:
El-Metwally D, Lee K-S, Moore A, Whyte H. Survival of neonates born at the limits of viability (23-24 weeks) in non-perinatal centers: a transport perspective. Pediatric Academic Societies. May 3-6, 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Abou Al-Seoul M#, El Metwally D, Abdel Rahman I. Readmission Rates and Morbidity among Infants with Hyperbilirubinemia. The 20th annual congress of the European Society of Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC). June 14-18, 2009. Verona, Italy
Abou Al-Seoud, El Metwally D, Sabbagh F, El Sayed H, Yar M, Al-Zaillie R. Successful Measures For Dropping The Infection Rate In A Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. (Abstract # 899). 50th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Pediatric Research, October 9-12, 2009, Hamburg, Germany
Abou Al-Seoud M El Metwally D Abdul Rahman M. The Pattern of Hyperbilirubinemia among Neonates with Glucose 6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency. Poster (Abstract # 206). 50th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Pediatric Research, October 9-12, 2009, Hamburg, Germany.
Abdulrahim M, Montasser M, Abou Al-Seoud M, El Metwally D. Risk factors for retinopathy of prematurity Among preterm in one of the largest saudi's western region neonatal intensive Care units. Poster A-268-0054-01289. 3rd Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Societies, October 23-26, 2010, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Other Publications (Medical Education):
El Metwally D. the lacking ingredient in accreditation. accreditation and quality assessment. Education for Health. 2005; 24(2):22-23
Salem H, El Metwally D, Talaat W, Maklady F. Evaluation of educational resources supporting problem-based curriculum in the Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University: student's point of view. Medical Journal of Cairo University. 2006;74(4):supplement.
Farghaly A, El Metwally D, Mishriky A, Talaat W. Evaluation of the curriculum of the internship year for graduates of the Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University. Medical Journal of Cairo University. 2006;74(4):supplement.
El Araby S, El Shatoury H, El Metwally D, Talaat W. Comparing the effectiveness of integration to non-integration of clinical training with class problems in Problem-Based Learning curriculum. Medical Journal of Cairo University. 2007;75(3): supplement.