Elizabeth M. Lamos
Building: 827 Linden Ave - University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology
- 2003-2007: M.D.; University of Maryland School of Medicine
- 2007-2010: Residency; Department of Internal Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center
- 2010-2011: Chief Resident; Department of Internal Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center
- 2011-2013: Fellowship; Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, University of Maryland Medical Center
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes including the use of continuous glucose monitors and insulin pumps
- Thyroid disease, including hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer and thyroid nodule biopsy
- Pituitary disorders
- General Endocrinology
She will be seeing patients in the University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology, as well as performing thyroid biopsies in the UMCDE.
New patients can call 443-682-6800 to schedule appointments for diabetes, endocrinology and thyroid biopsy appointments.
- Intrusta PM, Lamos E, Galonek HL, Vander Maten, et al. Regulation of apoptosis by viruses that infect insects. Arch Virol Suppl. 2004;(18):171-8.
- Lamos EM, Stein SA, Davis SN. Combination glibenclamide-metformin HCl for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Expert Opinion on Pharmacother. 2012;(17):2545-54.
- Stein SA, Lamos EM, Davis SN. A review of the efficacy and safety of oral antidiabetic agents. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2013; 12(2):153-75.
- Lamos EM, Younk LM, Davis SN. Canagliflozin, an inhibitor of sodium glucose co-transporter 2, for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Expert Opin On Drug Metab.2013 Apr 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lamos EM, Stein SA, Davis SN. Sulfonylureas and meglitinides: historical and contemporary issues. Panminerva Medica. 2013; 55(3): 239-251.
- Konig M, Lamos EM, Stein SA. An Insight into the Recent Diabetes Trials: What is the
Best Approach to Prevent Macrovascular and Microvascular Complications?. Curr Diabetes Rev. 2013; 9(5):371-81.
- Stein SA, Lamos EM, Davis SN. Vildagliptin, a Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxical. 2014 Feb 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lamos EM, Younk LM, Davis, SN. Empagliflozin, a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitor, in the treatment of type 1 diabetes. Expert Opinion On Investigational Drugs. 2014 Apr 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- Younk LM, Lamos EM, Davis, SN. Cardiovascular Effects of Insulin. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2014 Jun 5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lamos EM, Munir KM. Cushing's disease: highlighting the importance of early diagnosis for both de novo and recurrent disease in light of evolving treatment patterns. Endo Prac 2014, In press.
- Lamos E, Fairchild E. Endocrinology. In: Wolfsthal SD (ed.) National Medical Series Medicine. 7th Edition. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkens, Baltimore, MD. 2011.
- Stein S, Lamos E, Quartuccio M, Chandraskaran S, Ionica N, Steinle N. Food Intake and Preference. In: Diet Quality: An Evidence Based Approach, Volume 1. Humana Press, New York, NY. 2013.
- Lamos EM, Younk LM, Davis SN. Hypoglycemia. In Endocrine and Metabolic Medical Emergencies. Matfin G (Ed). Endocrine Press, Chevy Chase, MD. 2014.
- Davis SN, Lamos EM, Younk LM. Hypoglycemia and Hypoglycemic Syndromes. In Endocrinology: Adult & Pediatric, 7th edition. Degroot LJ and Jameson JL (Eds). Saunders, Philadelphia PA. In Press 2014.
- Sandoval DA, Lamos EM, Younk LM, Davis SN. Hypoglycemia. In Reference Module in Biomedical Sciences. Caplan M and Martini L (Eds). Elsevier, Oxford UK. In Press 2014.
- Davis SN, Lamos EM, Loper H, Younk LM. Leptin in Acute Stress. In Leptin - Regulation and Clinical Applications. Dagogo-Jack S (Ed). Springer, New York NY. In Press 2014.