- B.A. Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, June 1994
- M.D., University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, June 1998
Post Graduate Education and Training
- Internship and Residency, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY; July 1998- June 2001
- Cardiovascular Research Fellow, Division of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY; July 2001- June 2003
- Cardiology Fellow, Temple University Hospital, July 2003- June 2006
- Interventional Cardiology Fellow, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York July 2006- June 2008
- Clinical Instructor in Medicine, Temple University Hospital, July 2003-June 2006
- Assistant Attending, Cardiology and Clinical Instructor, Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center, July 2006-June 2008
Jain VK, Gupta A, Magrath IT. A rapid screening method for bacteria containing firefly luciferase plasmids. Biotechniques, 1993 Oct; 15(4): 600-2
Gupta A, Carter JN, Truter SL, Leer EH, Herrold EM, Borer JS. Cellular response of human cardiac fibroblasts to mechanically simulated aortic regurgitation. Am J Ther. 2006 Jan-Feb; 13 (1): 8-11.
Gupta A, Burke JA, and Bove A. Coronary Artery Revascularization—Past, Present Future. Part 2: Historical Trials. Clin. Cardiol. 29, 341–344 (2006)
Gupta A, Burke JA, and Bove A. Coronary Artery Revascularization—Past, Present Future. Part 2: Newer Technologies. Clin. Cardiol. 29, 290–294 (2006)
Supino PG, Borer JS, Schuleri K, Gupta A, Hochreiter C, Kligfield P, Herrold EM, Preibisz JJ. Prognostic value of exercise tolerance testing in asymptomatic chronic nonischemic mitral regurgitation. Am J Cardiol. 2007 Oct 15;100(8):1274-81.
Solinas E, Dangas G, Kirtane AJ, Lansky AJ, Franklin-Bond T, Boland P, Syros G, Kim YH, Gupta A, Mintz G, Fahy M, Collins M, Kodali S, Stone GW, Moses JW, Leon MB, Mehran R. Angiographic patterns of drug-eluting stent restenosis and one-year outcomes after treatment with repeated percutaneous coronary intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2008 Aug 1;102(3):311-315
Kirtane AJ, Gupta A, Iyengar S, Moses JW, Leon MB, Applegate R, Brodie B, Hannan E, Harjai K, Jensen LO, Park SJ, Perry R, Racz M, Saia F, Tu JV, Waksman R, Lansky AJ, Mehran R, Stone GW. Safety and efficacy of drug-eluting and bare metal stents: comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies. Circulation. 2009 Jun 30;119(25):3198-3206
Truter SL, Catanzaro DF, Supino PG, Gupta A, Carter J, Ene AR, Herrold EM, Dumlao TF, Beltran F, Borer JS. Fibronectin gene expression in aortic regurgitation: relative roles of mitogen-activated protein kinases. Cardiology. 2009;113(4):291-298
Gupta A, Mancini D, Kirtane AJ, Kaple RK, Apfelbaum MA, Kodali SK, Marboe C, Leon MB, Moses JW, Rabbani LE. Value of drug-eluting stents in cardiac transplant recipients. Am J Cardiol. 2009 Mar 1;103(5):659-662
Truter SL, Catanzaro DF, Supino PG, Gupta A, Carter J, Herrold EM, Dumlao TF, Borer JS. Differential expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors and extracellular matrix remodeling in aortic regurgitant hearts. Cardiology. 2009;113(3):161-168.
Borer J, Supino P, Truter S, Herrold E, Hochreiter C, Gupta A, Yin A, Lee E, Pitlor L, Krieger K, Isom O. Aortic regurgitation: contractility as primary prognosticator and basis of the contractile deficit. Proceedings of 3rd International Congress on Heart Disease – New Trends in Research, Diagnosis and Treatment (Kimchi A, ed), Monduzzi Editore (Bologna), 2003, pp. 449-453.
Gupta A, Bersin R. Percutaneous Treatment of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms. Science Innovation Synergy Yearbook 2007, Chapter 10.
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.