Our faculty, staff, and students are outstanding and regularly generate headlines both within and beyond the University of Maryland, Baltimore. Below are some of the news channels we have to document, communicate our department's achievements:
The official, seasonal, EPH alumni newsletter. Curated content with only 10 stories per issue.
Click here to access the current issue
SOM NEWS STORIES
Collection of EPH press releases within the School of Medicine. Full writeups with photos, videos, slides.
View archived articles below:
- 12/14/12: Mobile Health: Figuring Out What Works (Dr. Charlene Quinn: VIDEO)
- 12/14/12: Dr. Kate Tracy Finds 4 out of 10 Lesbians Do Not Screen Routinely for Cervical Cancer
- 12/14/12: Center for Research on Aging Receives $300,000 Gift to Transform Geriatric Trauma and Emergency Care (just pages 1 and 2)
- 11/19/12: Dr. Jay Perman & Dr. Owen White quoted: UM's College Park, Baltimore campuses form health care data research center
- 06/05/12: "First Renée Royak-Schaler Memorial Endowment Awards Presented at 2012 Convocation Ceremony"
- 06/04/12: First Renée Royak-Schaler Memorial Fund Award Recipients Recognized
- 09/25/12: "UMB, UMCP Announce a Collaborative School of Public Health"
- 01/27/11: "Honoring Dr. Edson Albuquerque and his 36 years as chair of the Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics"
- 05/24/11: "The Department of Epidemiology & Public Health Mourns the Death of Renée Royak-Schaler, PhD"
- 10/20/11: "Researchers Warn of Emerging Public Health Crisis Linked to Mortgage Default and Foreclosure"
- 12/01/11: "University of Maryland School of Medicine Appoints New Chair for the Department of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics"
- 12/15/11: "University of Maryland School of Medicine Scientists Find Restricting Post-Surgery Blood Transfusion Is Safe for Older, Anemic Hip Surgery Patients"
- 06/17/10: "Institute of Human Virology and Nigeria Partner with the U.S. to Combat Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis"
- 10/14/09: "The University Of Maryland School of Medicine’s Masters of Public Health Program Receives Five Year Accreditation"
- 10/26/09: "School of Medicine Faculty Help Develop Survivorship Guide for African-American Women with Breast Cancer"
- 04/03/08: "University of Maryland School of Medicine Celebrates New Chair of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine"
- 05/08/08: "University of Maryland Researchers Test Software to Help Patients Manage Their Diabetes Using Cell Phones"
- 02/12/07: "Study Will Evaluate the Cost-Effectiveness of Methods to Curb the Spread of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in Health Care"
Last updated on: February 26, 2013
|Tweets by @UM_Epi|