Family and Friends
"He touched thousands of lives in his years practicing medicine. We wanted him to know that we admired him and appreciated everything he had done. We wanted to do something special, to recognize him in some small way." - Tim Gilmore, son of George Gilmore, MD, Class of 1955 (pictured right with his wife and family), speaking of the gift he and his siblings made to honor their father's 50 years of practice.
Many times family members and friends show their support through a gift in honor of a person who has touched their lives and/or the lives of others; a child, a parent, a mentor, a colleague, or a doctor. These gifts can be a meaningful tribute to a person's life and accomplishments while advancing the education and research mission of the School of Medicine.
Family and Friends Stories
- Nieves Heart Foundation for Children's Holds Golf Tournament to Support the University of Maryland Children’s Hospital Pediatric Cardiac Care Unit
- Gilmore Family Honors Their Physician Father with Gift to His Alma Mater
- A Tragic Accident Leads to a Meaningful Gift from Chan Family
- The Greenebaums' Generosity and Passion
- Dr. Stephen R. Max Memorial Lectureship Established to Honor MD/PhD Program Founder