Help With Using Our Facility
Before proceeding, please be sure to view our brief users manual.
X-Ray Room Map
VERY important !!!
Before operating the X-ray diffractometer:
- Helium: Gas flow MUST be >23 ml/min. Ask manager if you have any problem with Helium.
- LIQUID NITROGEN - 10 on Liquid nitrogen Indicator means there is no LN in tank! Filling LN tank to 96 will be good for three days (1.3/hour).
- EMERGENCY SWITCH - There are two EMERGENCY SWITCHES in the X-ray room. A yellow button on the front panel of the x-ray machine, and a power switch box on wall. Both will shut off the x-ray machine for safty reasons. Repeated turn-on and shut-off of the X-ray machine will shorten its lifetime.
- RED light - If the 'red' light inside the room is on, that indicates that the X-ray source is running.
- POWER setting - Full power is 20 mA and 40 kV. ALWAYS increase the voltage first and then increase the current.