- Fellow Titles
- Fellow Leave Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
Fellow Appointment and Reappointment Processes
The University of Marland School of Medicine Scholar Fellow policy was implemented in July 2013. You can access the policy on the Office of Postdoctoral Scholars website.
The following templates and guidelines are based on this policy:
The process for appointing a new fellow regardless of title is as follows:
Send the following attached to an email to Cindy Garnett (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following as ONE scanned document:
- Fellow appointment offer letter signed by Department Chair or Institute/Center/Program Director (whichever is applicable) and accepted by fellow.
- CV certification
- Salary sheet
- SOM Demographic and Contact Information Form
PLEASE NOTE: THE OFFICE OF POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLARS FORM IS NO LONGER REQUIRED. The information formerly collected through this form will now be collected through a different mechanism.
OAA will review the documents and either send back the signed approval letter or contact you with questions/issues that need to be resolved. If there are corrections to be made, you will need to scan the complete packet back to Cindy with corrections. The letter signed by the Dean's Office can be used as documentation to process payroll.
The prcess to reappoint an existing fellow is as follows:
- Develop a reappointment letter and have it signed by the appropriate chair/director and signed by fellow.
- If there is a salary change, send a copy with the payroll form to OAA.
Frequently Asked Quesitons: