Otology, Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery
Drs. Eisenman and Hertzano in the Division of Otology, Neurotology and Lateral Skull Base Surgery specialize in treatment of all diseases of the ear and lateral skull base, both simple and complex. We have close and collegial relationships with our partners in the Department of Neurosurgery the Division of Interventional Neuroradiology and in our Division of Audiology, led by Director Nicole Nguyen, AuD, to offer our pediatric and adult patients all available treatment options for whatever their needs. We provide the complete range of hearing restoration options for our patients to serve all of their hearing and communication needs.
Conditions we treat include:
- Chronic otitis media with and without cholesteatoma
- Hearing loss
- Acoustic neuroma and other skull base tumors
- Pulsatile tinnitus due to all causes, including sigmoid sinus wall anomalies (diverticulum, dehiscence and ectasia).
- Superior semicircular canal dehiscence syndrome
- Meniere’s disease
- Facial nerve paralysis due to trauma, tumors, infection, surgery and other causes.
- Non-rhythmic tinnitus
Amongst the treatment options we offer are:
- Tympanoplasty surgery, with and without mastoidectomy
- Ossicular chain reconstruction
- Pediatric and Adult Cochlear Implantation
- Bone-conduction hearing devices, surgical and non-surgical, including Baha, Ponto and SoundBite devices.
- Intratympanic perfusions for hearing loss and vertigo
- Hearing aids
- Tinnitus habituation therapy
- All lateral skull base approaches to acoustic neuromas, with and without hearing preservation
- Sinus wall reconstruction for sigmoid sinus wall anomalies
- Venous stents for dural sinus stenosis causing pulsatile tinnitus