MCTSA - Program Services: Maryland Traffic Records Coordinating Committee (TRCC)
MCTSA Program Services Menu
The Maryland Traffic Records Coordinating Committee’s, referred to here forward as the TRCC, vision of zero fatalities on Maryland’s roadways, with an interim goal to reduce motor vehicle-related fatalities by 50% by 2030, is shared by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration, Maryland Highway Safety Office (MVA/MHSO).
The mission of the TRCC is to coordinate all traffic records system components (crash, roadway, citation/adjudication, driver, vehicle, injury surveillance) using data quality performance measures (timeliness, completeness, accuracy, accessibility, integration, uniformity) in an effort to advance the Maryland traffic safety community.
The purpose of the TRCC is to continually review and assess the status of Maryland’s Traffic Safety Information System and its components. It is responsible for:
- overseeing the development and update of a strategic plan that serves the public and private sector needs for traffic safety information,
- learning about technologies and other advancements necessary to improve the traffic safety information system,
- promoting, supporting and assisting in the coordination and implementation of needed or desired system improvements and,
- providing a forum for the exchange of information regarding safety data among the traffic safety community.
The Maryland TRCC is comprised of three sub-groups who are responsible for the overarching administration of the Traffic Records Strategic Plan. The three sub-groups include the following: Executive Council, Technical Council, and Sub-Committees.
Executive Council Meeting Notes
Technical Council Meeting Notes
- January 9, 2013
- March 13, 2013
- May 8, 2013
- July 10, 2013
- September 11, 2013
- November 13, 2013
- January 15, 2014
- March 12, 2014
- May 14, 2014
- July 9, 2014: Draft Minutes | FHWA Proven Safety Countermeasures | eMEDS Update