“Infections, Inflammation and Vaccines”
The Festival of Science will showcase the vibrant research taking place at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in the areas of infections, inflammation and vaccines.
- How long will the Festival of Science be?
- The Festival of Science will take place from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 12, 2014.
- Where will the Festival of Science take place?
- The Festival of Science will take place in the HSFII Auditorium.
- Is there an agenda available?
- At this time, the agenda is still being finalized but will be forthcoming. Based on the theme of this year’s Festival of Science, presentations with a vaccine theme will occur in the morning, and presentations with an inflammation theme will occur in the afternoon.
- Who will present this year?
- The presenters for this year’s Festival of Science will include:
- Stephen Davis, MBBS
Robert Gallo, MD
Jeffrey Hasday, MD
James Kaper, PhD
Achsah Keegan, PhD
Myron Levine, MD, DTPH
Christopher Plowe, MD, MPH
Aaron Rapoport, MD
Stefanie Vogel, PhD
- How were the presenters chosen?
- The presenters for this year’s Festival of Science were selected by a Planning Committee and Dean Reece, based on the theme for the day.
- Will there be time for questions?
- There will be a brief time for Q&A with Dr. Fauci. Questions for presenters will primarily be from members of the Scientific Advisory Council. Audience questions for presenters will be permitted only as time allows.
- Can I watch the Festival online?
- The Festival of Science will not be live-streamed. A recording of the day’s presentations will be made available afterwards.
- Will I need to register for the Festival of Science, and can I register now?
- Registration for the Festival of Science is strongly encouraged but not required. Registration is not yet open, but will be forthcoming. An email will be sent out to all faculty and staff once registration opens.
- Will seating be reserved?
- There is no reserved seating for the Festival of Science.
- Will lunch be provided?
- Lunch will not be provided, but there will be a break in the agenda to allow time for you to get lunch.
- What if I have other questions?
- Please direct all other inquiries to Mr. Kevin Enright, Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives, and Dr. Julie Wu, Senior Medical/Science Editor.
Anthony S. Fauci, MD
Director, National Institute of
Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID),
National Institutes of Health (NIH)