Who We Are, What We Do
The Department of Family & Community Medicine offers comprehensive primary care to patients of all ages, including obstetric, pediatric and geriatric patients. The department has an inpatient service and can coordinate all sub-specialty care within the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Primary family care for patients of all ages
- Preventive care
- Acute and chronic illness
- Employee health care
- Routine obstetrics and gynecology
- Geriatric health care
- Patients needing family counseling
- Patients with hospice requirements
To be national leaders in training family physicians and educating medical students to provide quality health care to families, individuals and their communities.
Caring for you today, teaching you tomorrow.
We improve health through family practice, education and ideas.
We accomplish our Mission and Vision by:
- Instilling the values, principles and skills of family practice medicine.
- A vigorous program of research and scholarly activities that shapes health policy, education and delivery.
- Providing comprehensive care that integrates biological, psychological and social aspects of health in an educational setting.
- Creative and successful programs that respond to the health needs of a diverse population in a changing environment.
- Strategic partnerships with the University of Maryland Medical System, state and local governments, community and professional organizations.
We do this in an environment that values diversity and supports personal and professional growth. Our high standards and expectations reflect our commitment to excellence.