- B.S., 9/67-6/71, University of Maryland, College Park, Biochemistry
- M.D., 9/71-12/75, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Certificate of Graduate Studies, 2007, Business of Medicine, Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University
Post Graduate Education and Training
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, 12/75-7/76, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Dept. of Biological Chemistry
- Residency in Psychiatry, 7/76-6/79, Sheppard-Pratt Hospital
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 1983, #25039
- Geriatric Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, April 1991-December 2001, December 2001-December 2011, #004
- Clinical Psychopharmacology, American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology,November 1998-May 2009
- Certified Physician Investigator, Association of Pharmaceutical Physicians and Investigators, November 2002-ongoing
- Clinical psychopharmacology
- Clinical research
- Public Health
- Epidemiology and genetics of psychiatric illness
- Clinical psyschopharmacology
- Geriatric psychiatry
Klein, D.F.#, Thase, M.E., Endicott, J., Adler, L., Glick, I., Kalali, A., Leventer, S., Mattes, J., Ross, P., Bystristsky, A. Improving Clinical Trials: American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology Recommendations. Archives of General Psychiatry, 2002 March; 59(3): 272-8.
Hertzman, M, Adler, L.W.# , Arlen, B, Kern, M. Lisinopril May Augment Antidepressant Response. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 25(2005) 618-620
Keefe RSE.#, Bilder RM, Harvey, PD, Davis, SM, Palmer, BW, Gold, JM, Meltzer, HY, Green, MF, Miller, DD, Canive, JM, Adler, LW, Mansschreck, TC, Swartz, M, Rosenheck, R, Perkins, DO, Walker, TM, Stroup TS, McEvoy, JP, Lieberman, JA. Baseline Neurocognitive Deficits in the CATIE Schizophrenia Trial. Neuropsychopharmacology, advanced online publication 19 April 2006, 1-14.
Books and Book Chapters
Hertzman M & Adler LW (2010) Clinical Trials in Psychopharmacology: A Better Brain 2nd edn. Wiley Press. West Sussex.
Adler LW (2010) "Genes, The Genome and Brain Tailored Drugs"; In: Hertzman M & Adler LW (2010) Clinical Trials in Psychopharmacology: A Better Brain 2nd edn. Wiley Press. West Sussex pp.43-56.
Adler, L.W. Alzheimer's Disease Prevention: Is Lithium Neuroprotective? Paper presented at American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2005.
Adler, LW.#, Zepp, H, Cerro, L. A Model for Integrating Clinical Trials in a Community Practice Setting. Presented at APA Institute for Psychiatric Services, San Diego, CA, 2005
Adler, L.W. Alzheimer's Disease: A Final Common Pathway for Genetic Risk, Vascular Risk, Mood Dysregulation and Energy Dysregulation. Presented at American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry Annual Meeting, Puerto Rico, 2006
Adler, L.W.#, Cerro L,and Zepp H. A Meta-Analysis of the Efficacy of Paroxetine vs. Placebo Utilizing the GlaxoSmithKline Clinical Trials Registry. Presented at APA Annual Meeting, Toronto,CA, 2006
Adler, L.W.#, Remission of Major Depressive Episodes on Paroxetine vs. Placebo in Elderly and Adult Subjects. Presented at American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 2007
Adler, L.W.#, Reducing the Medical and Financial Burden of Depressive Illness: A Plan for Improving Health Care Services. Presented at the American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2007
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.