Kashif M Munir
Kashif Munir, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition. He joined the University of Maryland faculty in 2011, and has extensive clinical experience in treating complex diabetes patients, thyroid disorders, and pituitary diseases. He helped establish a multidisciplinary pituitary practice at the Center and currently sees patients for diabetes, thyroid disease, pituitary and adrenal disorders. Dr. Munir also has active research protocols for pituitary and thyroid diseases, and works with Dr. Michael Quon in studying the effects of food polyphenols on insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction.
- 1994-1998: M.D.; Temple University School of Medicine
- 1998-2001: Residency, Deparment of Internal Medicine; University of Maryland Medical Center
- 2001-2003: Fellowship, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism; University of Maryland Medical Center
- Diabetes - insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring
- Thyroid disorders - thyroid dysfunction, thyroid cancer, thyroid biopsies
- Pituitary and Adrenal diseases - Endocrine hypertension
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes: insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring, diabetes in pregnancy
- Pituitary and adrenal disorders
- Thyroid cancer and thyroid dysfunction: fine needle biopsy of thyroid
Hull K, Horenstein R, Naglieri R, Munir K, Ghani M, Celi FS. Two Cases of Thyroid Storm-Associated Cholestatic Jaundice. Endocrine Practice 2007; 13:476-480.
Streeten EA, Munir K, Hines S, Mohamed A, Mangano C, Ryan K, PostW. Coronary Artery Calcification is Not Increased in Primary Hyperparathyroidism Compared to Controls from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Endocrine Practice 2008; 14:155-161.
Shuldiner AR, Munir KM. Genetics of Obesity: More complicated than initially thought. Lipids 2003; 38:97-101.
Shuldiner AR, Yang R, Munir KM, Horenstein RB, Gong D. New Progress in Adipocytokine Research. Current Opinions in Endocrinology and Diabetes 2003; 10:115-121.
Munir KM, Mitchell B, Shuldiner AR (2003). Genome Scans for Obesity: The U.S.A. Studies. Chapter 72. In: Progress In Obesity Research: 9, eds. G Medeiros-Neto, A Halpern, C Bouchard. London: John Libbey.