Gloria E Hoffman
110 S. Paca Street,
- 1965 -1968 University of Illinois, Bachelor of Sci., l968, Biology, Chicago Circle Campus
- 1968 -1974 University of Illinois, Ph.D., l974, Pharmacology, Medical Center, Chicago
- 1974 - 1978, Department of Anatomy (Dr. K. Knigge, Dr. John R. Sladek, Jr., University of Rochester, Sponsors); School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY
- 1978 - 1983, Department of Anatomy, Assistant Professor, School of Dentistry and Medicine, University of Rochester
- 1983 - 1987, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Associate Professor, University of Rochester
- 1987 - 1991, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Rochester
- 1987 - 1993, Department of Physiology, Associate Professor, University of Pittsburgh
- 1993 - 1994, Department of Neurobiology, Associate Professor, University of Pittsburgh
- 1994 - 1996, Department of Neurobiology, Professor, University of Pittsburgh
- 1996 - 2008, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Professor, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- 2011-present, Department of Psychiatry, Adjunct Professor, University of Maryland School of Medicine
Lab Techniques and Equipment:
- Le, W.W., Berghorn, K.A., Rassnick, S., Dohanics, J., and Hoffman, G.E., Periventricular preoptic area neurons co-activated with LHRH neurons at the time of the LH surge are LHRH afferents. Endocrinology 140: 510-19, 1999.
- Le, W.-W., Berghorn, K.A., Smith, M.S. and Hoffman, G.E. Alpha-1 adrenergic receptor blockade blocks LH secretion but not LHRH cFos activation. Brain Research 747: 236-245, 1997.
- Wang, H-J, Hoffman GE, Smith MS. Increased GnRH mRNA in the GnRH neurons expressing cFos during the proestrous LH surge. Endocrinology 136:3673-3676, 1995.
- Berghorn, K.A., J.H Bonnett, and G.E. Hoffman. cFos immunoreactivity is enhanced with biotin amplification. J. Histochem. Cytochem: 42:1635-1642, 1994.