- University of Maryland, Department of Dermatology; Chief Resident, 1993-1994; Resident, 1991-1994.
- Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Medicine Intern, 07/90-06/91.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, M.D., 05/90.
- Yale University, B.A. in Psychology, Cum Laude, 12/82.
- Shaker Heights High School, Shaker Heights, OH, 06/78.
WORK AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
- Dermatology. Private practice, 1994-present.
- Pathology Student Fellowship. Case Western Reserve University, 1987-1988. Six months autopsy service, three months surgical pathology, rotations (one month each) in microbiology, hematopathology and forensic pathology.
- Supervisor of Clinical Studies. Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, full-time, 02/95-09/85, part-time, 09/85-09/88. Coordinated clinical research projects on stoke prevention, Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease. Supervised research assistants and directed data collection. Maintained drug accountability records for Federal Drug Administration.
- Molecular Biology Research. Summer 1986. Department of Pharmacology, C.W.R.U. Project focused on the effect of glycosylation of the beta-subunit of luteinizing hormone (LH) on the structure and biology activity of LH dimer.
- Medical Technician. Department of Medicine, highland View Hospital, Cleveland, OH. Part-time 06/85-07/86.
- Clinical Study Coordinator. Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland. Full-time 01/83-02/85. Managed investigational study of ticlopidine hydrochloride in patients with transient ischemic attacks.
- Leaders Society, Dermatology Foundation, 2005-present.
- "Best Doctors in America," 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006-08.
- Dr. Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin Distinguished Faculty Member Award, for outstanding contribution of time and talents to MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society, 2000.
- Rising Star in Maryland Medicine, Honorable Mention for Physician Advocacy, 1999.
- Honored Member, National Directory of Who?s Who in Executives and Professionals, 1996-1997.
- American Heart Association Student Scholarship in Cerebrovascular Disease, 1985.
- Distinction in Psychology, Yale University, 1982.
- Who?s Who of American High School Students, 1978.
- Society of Distinguished American High School Students, 1978.
Clinical SpecialityDermatology and dermatologic surgery
Deng, A., Petrali, J., Jaffe, D., Sina, B. and Gaspari, A. Benign Cutaneous Pseudoglandular Schwannoma. Am J Dermatopathology. 27:432-435, 2005.
Jaffe, D.F., May, L.P., Sanchez, M. and Moy, J. Staphylococcal sepsis in HIV antibody seropositive psoriasis patients. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 24: 970-972, 1991.
Hershey, L.A., Modic, M.T., Greenough, P.G. and Jaffe, D.F. Validation of cognitive and functional assessment instruments in vascular dementia. Neurology 37: 29-36, 1987.
Hershey, L.A., Jaffe, D.F., Greenough, P.G. and Yang, S.L. Validation of cognitive and functional assessment instruments in vascular dementia. Int'l J. Psychiatry in Medicine 17: 183-192, 1987.
Hershey, L.A., Modic, M.T., Jaffe, D.F. and Greenough, P.G. Natural history of the vascular dementias: a prospective study of seven cases. Can. J. Neurol. Sci. 13: 559-565, 1986.
Links of InterestVisit My Office Website
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.