- BS in molecular and cellular biology from Cornell University, 2001 (magna cum laude)
- MD from Weill Cornell Medical College, 2003-2007
- Internship: Internal Medicine at Einstein/Montefiore 2007-08
- Residency: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital
- 2008-2012 Served as Chief Resident
- 2011-2012 Johns Hopkins Hospital Cross-Sectional Imaging Fellowship
- 2012-2013 Joined faculty at University of Maryland in July of 2013
- Diplomate, American Board of Radiology
- Imaging of blunt and penetrating trauma
- Abdominal Imaging
- CT and MRI
- Emergency Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) - served on AJR residency advisory group from 2011-2013
- Radiologic Society of North America (RSNA)
- Society of Computed Body Tomography and MRI (SCBTMR) - Member Communications Committee; Fellowship subcommittee co-chair
- American Society of Emergency Radiology (ASER) - Manuscript reviewer for American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR)
Honors and Awards:
- Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award (RSNA Research and Education Foundation). In Recognition of Outstanding Radiologic Research (June 2012)
- Certificate of Merit for Del Grande, MD, MBA, Lugano Switzerland; D. Dreizin, MD; LM Fayad, MD 3 Tesla Chemical Shift MR Imaging: Technique, Clinical Utility and Pitfalls for Imaging the Skeleton. RSNA 2013.
- Certificate of Merit for D Dreizin et al. 64 slice MDCT with Post-processing in the Evaluation of Penetrating Diaphragmatic Injury. Educational Poster. ASER Meeting. September 2011
- Certificate of Merit for D Dreizin et al. The Role of Whole Body 64 MDCT Angiography for Blunt Polytrauma. Educational Exhibit RSNA 2010]
- Cum Laude Award for R J Makanji, F Munera, D Dreizin et al. Evaluation of Cervical Spine Injuries using Multi-Detector CT. Educational Exhibit RSNA 2010
- RSNA News, Journal Highlights- Blunt Polytrauma: Evaluation with Whole Body CT Angiography, May 2012.
Dreizin D, Infante J, Raman SP, Tirada N, Madrazo B. Focal Nodular Hyperplasia in Accessory Liver: Imaging Findings at CT and MRI. Journal of Computed Tomography (in press).
Dreizin D, Bordegaray M, Tirada N, Raman SP, Kadakia K, Munera F. Evaluating blunt pancreatic trauma at whole body CT: current practices and future directions. Emerg Radiol. 2013 Dec; 20(6):517-27.
Dreizin D, Borja M, Danton D, Kadakia K, Caban K, Rivas L, Munera F. Accuracy of 64 Section Multidetector CT with Trajectography for the Diagnosis of Penetrating Diaphragmatic Injury. Radiology. 2013 Sep;268(3):729-37.
Dreizin D, Borja M, Danton D, Kadakia K, Caban K, Rivas L, Munera F. Pearls and Pitfalls in the MDCT Diagnosis of Penetrating Diaphragmatic Injury: A tutorial. Appendix E1; Radiology. 2013 Sep;268(3):729-37
Dreizin, D, Munera F. Blunt Polytrauma: Evaluation with Whole Body CT Angiography; May 2012 RadioGraphics, 32,609-631.
Dreizin, D, Jose J. Imaging Series: Hypothenar Hammer Syndrome. Am J Orthop. 2012 Aug;41(8):380-2.
Dreizin D, Glen C, Jose J. Imaging Series: Mazabraud Syndrome. Am J Orthop. 2012 Jul;41(7):332-5
Barocas, D. A., Kawamoto H., Dreizin, D. et al. (2005). "Five-alpha-reductase expression In benign and malignant urothelium: correlation with disease characteristics and outcome." Urology 66(5): 1134-9.
Northcutt BG, Dreizin D, Kawamoto S, Zimmerman SL, Tirada N, Raman SP, Zaheer A, Fishman EK, Johnson PT. Diagnosis of Biliary Stones and Strictures: Unique Pearls And Pitfalls of MRCP and 64-section and Higher MDCT. Educational Exhibit. RSNA 2013.
Del Grande, MD, MBA, Lugano Switzerland; D. Dreizin, MD; L.M. Fayad, MD 3 Tesla Chemical Shift MR Imaging: Technique, Clinical Utility and Pitfalls for Imaging the Skeleton. F. RSNA 2013.
D Dreizin, M Borja, G Danton, K Kadakia, K Caban, L Rivas, F Munera. The Role of 64 slice MDCT with interactive Trajectory Imaging in the Evaluation of Penetrating Diaphragmatic Injury (Scientific Oral Presentation). ARRS 2012.
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.