Kimberly Lumpkins completed her undergraduate degree in biology at the Johns Hopkins University. She then obtained her MD at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. She is board certified in general surgery and pediatric surgery, having completed her general surgery training at the University of Maryland and her pediatric surgery fellowship at the Johns Hopkins/University of Maryland combined program. She subsequently served as an international fellow in pediatric urology at Birmingham Children's Hospital in the United Kingdom.
Dr. Lumpkins has particular interest in minimally invasive surgery as well as care of complex urogenital and pelvic anomalies.
- Boskey ER, Telsch KM, Whaley KJ, Moench TR, Cone RA. Acid production by vaginal flora in vitro is consistent with the rate and extent of vaginal acidification. Infection & Immunity 67(10):5170-5, 1999 Oct.
- Qin G, Takenaka T, Telsch K, Kelley L, Howard T, Levade T, Deans R, Howard BH, Malech HL, Brady RO, Medin JA. Preselective gene therapy for Fabry disease. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 98(6): 3428-33, 2001 Mar.
- Bochicchio GV, Joshi M, Bochicchio KM, Pyle A, Johnson SB, Meyer W, Lumpkins K, Scalea TM. Early hyperglycemic control is important in critically injured trauma patients. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection & Critical Care. 63(6):1353-8; 2007 Dec.
- Lumpkins K, Bochicchio GV, Zagol B, Ulloa K, Simard JM, Schaub S, Meyer W, Scalea T. Plasma levels of the beta chemokine regulated upon activation, normal T cell expressed, and secreted (RANTES) correlate with severe brain injury. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection & Critical Care. 64(2):358-61, 2008 Feb.
- Bochicchio GV, Lumpkins K, O'Connor J, Simard M, Schaub S, Conway A, Bochicchio K, Scalea TM. Blast injury in a civilian trauma setting is associated with a delay in diagnosis of traumatic brain injury. American Surgeon. 74(3):267-70, 2008 Mar.
- Bellavance EC, Lumpkins KM, Mentha G, Marques HP, Capussotti L, Pulitano C, Majno P, Mira P, Rubbia-Brandt L, Ferrero A, Aldrighetti L, Cunningham S, Russolillo N, Philosophe B, Barroso E, Pawlik TM. Surgical Management of Early-Stage Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Resection or Transplantation? Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 12(10):1699-708, 2008 Oct.
- Lumpkins KM, Bochicchio GV, Keledjian K, Simard JM, McCunn M, Scalea T. Glial fibrillary acidic protein is highly correlated with brain injury. Journal of Trauma-Injury Infection & Critical Care. 65(4):778-82; 2008 Oct.
- Scalea TM, Bochicchio KM, Lumpkins K, Hess JR, Dutton R, Pyle A, Bochicchio GV. Early aggressive use of fresh frozen plasma does not improve outcome in critically injured trauma patients. Annals of Surgery. 248(4):578-84, 2008 Oct.
- Lumpkins K, Bochicchio GV, Joshi M, Gens R, Bochicchio K,. Conway A, Schaub S, Scalea T. Clostridium difficile infection in critically injured trauma patients. Surgical Infections. 9(5):497-501, 2008 Oct.
- Meenaghan N, Lumpkins K, Roth JS. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement is safe in patients undergoing corticosteroid therapy. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 13(2):236-8, 2009 Feb.
- Roth JS, Dexter DD, Lumpkins K, Bochicchio GV. Hydrated vs. freeze-dried human acellular dermal matrix for hernia repair: a comparison in a rabbit model. Hernia. 13(2):201-7, 2009 Apr.
- de Biasi A, Lumpkins K, Turner PL. Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair with acute perforated cholecystitis and no short- or long-term evidence of prosthesis infection. American Surgeon. 77(4): 510-11, 2011 Apr.
- Lin M, Mohammed H, Brazio P, Lavien G, Lumpkins K, Timmons T. Sacral osteomyelitis: an unusual complication from foreign body ingestion. American Surgeon, 78(4):497-9, 2012 Apr.
- Turner PL, Lumpkins KM, Gabre J, Liu X, Terrin M. Pregnancy in women surgeons: trends over time. Archives of Surgery, 147(5): 474-9, 2012 May.
- Zahiri HR, Lumpkins K, Kelishadi S, Zhu Y, Medina D, Green AC, Silverman RP, Slezak S, Goldberg NH, Holton L, Singh DP. Significant predictors of complications post sternal wound reconstruction: a 21-year experience. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 69(4):439-41, 2012 Oct.
- Zahiri HR, Lumpkins K, Kelishadi S, Stromberg JA, Silverman RP, Slezak S, Goldberg NH, Holton L, Singh DP. Pectoralis major turnover versus advancement technique for sternal wound reconstruction: a 21 year experience. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 70(2): 211-5, 2013.
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.