Education and Training
- 2009-2012 Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship Training, Division of Neonatology, Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- 2006-2009 Pediatric Residency Training, Department of Pediatrics, Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- 2002-2006 Doctor of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill NC
- 1998-2002 Bachelor of Science in Public Health - Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill NC
- Using near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring in the critically ill neonate.
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis.
- Pulmonary Hypertension.
- Neonatal Encephalopathy.
Hoffman SB, Massaro AN, Gingalewski C, and Short BL. Predictors of Survival in Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) Patients Requiring Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO): CNMC 15 Year Experience. J Perinatol. 2010 Aug;30(8):546-52.
Hoffman SB, Massaro AN, Gingalewski C, and Short BL. Survival in Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia: Use of Predictive Equations in the ECMO Population. Neonatology 2011;99:258-265.