Jeannie Chun received her BA in British and American Literature from Brown University and her medical degree from the Brown University School of Medicine in Providence, Rhode Island. She completed her general surgery training at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin. She completed her pediatric surgery fellowship at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky in June 2011.
Dr. Chun completed two years of research on neuroblastoma under a T32 Surgical Oncology training grant in 2002-2004. She also spent a year at Children's Mercy in Kansas City, Missouri as a surgical scholar in their clinical outcomes center. Currently she is a part-time student in the MPH program in the University of Maryland School of Medicine and seeks to focus on clinical surgical outcomes in the pediatric population.
Dr. Chun is board-certified in both General and Pediatric Surgery and enjoys a broad practice in pediatric general and thoracic surgery.
- Neal ZC, Yang JC, Rakhmilevich AL, et al: Enhanced activity of hu14.18-IL2 immunocytokine against Murine NXS2 neuroblastoma when combined with interleukin 2 therapy. Clin Canc Res 10(14):4839-4847, 2004.
- Yang JC, Rivard DC, Morello FP, Ostlie DJ: Presumed appendiceal abscess discovered to be ruptured Meckel's diverticulum following percutaneous drainage. Pediatr Radiol 38(8):909-911, 2008.
- Yang JC, Rivard DC, Morello FP, Ostlie DJ: Successful percutaneous drainage of duodenal hematoma after blunt trauma. J Pediatr Surg 43(9):e13-5, 2008.
- Yang JC, Sharp SW, Ostlie DJ, Holcomb GW 3rd, St Peter SD: Natural history of nonoperative management for grade 4 and 5 liver and spleen injuries in children. J Pediatr Surg 43(12):2264-7, 2008.
- Keckler SJ, Yang JC, Fraser JD, Aguayo P, Ostlie DJ, Holcomb GW 3rd, St Peter SD: Contemporary practice patterns in the surgical management of Hirschsprung's disease. J Pediatr Surg 44(6):1257-60, 2009.
- Yang JC, Lund DP: Congenital Defects of the Abdominal Wall. Bentz ML (ed.), Principles and Practice of Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Quality Medical Publishing, 2008.
- Fallat ME, Chun JY: Sexual Differentiation Disorders. Ziegler MM (ed.), Operative Pediatric Surgery, McGraw Hill, In Press.
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.