I received a B.A. in physics from Oberlin College and an M.S. in theoretical physics from Berkeley. I attended medical school at the University of California at Davis and completed my residency in anesthesiology at Upstate Medical University. I completed a pain fellowship at Emory University.
I work clinically in the operating rooms at the University of Maryland Medical Center with an emphasis on pain medicine.
- 1975 - BA, Physics, Minors in Chemistry and Mathematics, Oberlin College
- 1979 - MS, Nuclear Physics, University of California at Berkeley
- 1984 - MD, University of California at Davis Medical School
- 1984-1987 - Residency, Department of Anesthesiology, SUNY Health Sciences Center at Syracuse
- 1987-1988 - Fellowship, Acute and Chronic Pain Management, Emory University Affiliated Hospitals
I work in the field of artificial intelligence and machine vision. My research team creates software and robots to replace physicians.
- Pain Medicine
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.