Dr. Martin is a general thoracic surgeon with a strong interest in thoracic oncology surgery. Dr. Linda Martin received her medical degree from the University of California, San Diego. Her surgical training was completed at the University of California, San Francisco, and cardiothoracic residency was at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and Texas Heart Institute. She also earned a Masters in Public Health at the University of Texas, Houston, School of Public Health.
Her practice is centered at the University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health campus in Bel Air, where she serves as Chief of Thoracic Surgery, and the Director of the Lung Cancer Screening Program. She initiated and oversees the Thoracic Multidisciplinary Tumor Board and Clinic.
Clinical trials for thoracic malignancies, smoking cessation interventions in thoracic patients, multimodality care in thoracic surgery.
Her areas of interest include lung cancer surgery, esophageal cancer surgery, surgery for benign esophageal diseases, metastatic tumors to the lung, mediastinal tumors, and smoking cessation research and interventions.
- Martin LW. "Survival Benefits of Postoperative Chemoradiation in Lymph Node-Positive Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma (Invited Commentary)." Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2014 May;97(5):1741-2.
- Martin LW. "What is the Optimal Interval Between Chemoradiation and Esophagectomy?" Invited commentary. Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2012 Summer;24(2):87-89.
- Kon Z and Martin L. "Resection for Thoracic Metastases from Sarcoma." Oncology (Williston Park). 2011 Nov 15;25(12):1198-1204.
- Martin LW. "Invasive Mediastinal Staging for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer." Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2008 Feb; 67(2): 199-201.
- Martin LW, Correa AM, Ordonez N, Roth JA, Swisher SG, Vaporciyan AA, Walsh GL, Rice DC. "Sarcomatoid Lung Cancer: A Predictor of Poor Prognosis." Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2007 Sep; 84(3):973-8.
- Blackmon SH, Correa AM, Wynn R, Hofstetter W, Martin LW, Mehran RJ, Rice DC, Swisher SG, Walsh GL, Roth JA, Vaporciyan AA. "Propensity Matched Analysis of Three Techniques for Intrathoracic Esophagogastric Anastomosis." Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2007 May; 83(5):1805-13.
- Martin LW, Hofstetter W, Swisher SG, Roth JA. "Management of Intrathoracic Leaks Following Esophagectomy." Advances in Surgery. 2006; 40:173-90.
- Martin LW, Correa AM, Hofstetter W, Hong WK, Komaki R, Putnam JB Jr., Rice DC, Smythe WR, Swisher SG, Vaporciyan AA, Walsh GL, Roth JA. "Outcomes For Resected Stage IIIA Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Over 16Years at a Single Institution." Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2005 Dec;130(6):1601-10.
- Martin LW, Swisher SG, Hofstetter W, Correa AM, Rice DC, Vaporciyan AA, Walsh GL, Roth JA. "Intrathoracic Leaks Following Esophagectomy Are No Longer Associated With Increased Mortality." Annals of Surgery. 2005 Sep; 242(3):392-9; discussion 399-402.
- Martin LW, Walsh GL. "Vertebral body resection "" Aggressive Surgery for Lung Cancer." Thoracic Surgery Clinics 2004 May; 14: 241-254.
- Martin LW, Warren RS. "Current Management of Colorectal Liver Metastases." Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America. 2000 Oct; 9(4): 853-876.
Links of Interest:Dr. Martin's Profile on Upper Chesapeake Health
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.