- 1997: Howard University, Washington D.C., Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- 2002: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, Master of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- 2003: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, Doctor of Medicine
- 2008: University North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, Master of Public Health in Biostatistics
Post Graduate Education & Training
- 2003-2004: Pediatric Internship, Duke University Medical Center
- 2004-2006: Pediatric Residency, Duke University Medical Center
- 2006-2008: Clinical Research Fellowship, Duke Clinical Research Institute
- 2006-2010: Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship, Duke University
- Pediatrics, ABP, 2006-present
- Pediatric Cardiology, ABP, 2012- present
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Epidemiology
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young Member
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
Pediatric Hypertension and Congenital Heart Disease
General Pediatric Cardiology
Baker-Smith CM, Wilhelm CM, Neish SR, Klitzner TS, Beekman RH, Kugler JD,Martin GR, Lannon C, Jenkins KJ, Rosenthal GL. Predictors of Prolonged Length of Intensive Care Unit Stay After Stage I Palliation: A Report from the National Pediatric Cardiology Quality Improvement Collaborative. Pediatr Cardiol. 2014 Mar;35(3):431-40.
Baker-Smith CM, Neish SR, Klitzner TS, Beekman RH, Kugler JD, Martin GR, Lannon C, Jenkins KJ, Rosenthal GL. Variation in Post-Operative Care following Stage I Palliation for Single Ventricle Patients: A Report from the JCCHD National Quality Improvement Collaborative. Congenit Heart Dis. 2011 Mar-Apr;6(2):116-27.
Baker-Smith CM, Benjamin DK, Califf RM, Murphy MD, Li JS, Smith PB. Cough in Pediatric Patients Receiving Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor and Angiotensin Receptor Blocker Therapy in Randomized Controlled Trials. Clinical Pharmacology Therapeutics. 2010 Jun; 87(6):668-71.
Baker-Smith CM, Milazzo AM, Frush DP, Jaggers J, Kirby ML, Kanter RJ, Barker PC. Case Report: Double Aortic Arch with Aortic Atresia and Left-Sided Type B Interruption. Congenital Heart Disease. 2010 May-Jun; 5(3):316-20.
Baker-Smith CM, Benjamin DK, Grabowski HG, Reid ED, Mangum B, Goldsmith JV, Murphy MD, Edwards R, Eisenstein EL, Sun J, Califf RM, Li JS. The Economic Returns of Pediatric Clinical Trials of Anti-Hypertensive Drugs. Am Heart J. 2008; 156(4):682-8.
Benjamin DK, Smith PB, Jadhav P, Gobburu JV, Murphy DM, Hasselblad V, Baker-Smith CM, Califf RM, Li JS. Pediatric Antihypertensive Trial Failures: Analysis of End Points and Dose Range. Hypertension. 2008; 51(4): 834-840.
Li JS, Baker-Smith C, Smith PB, Hasselblad V, Murphy DM, Califf RM, Benjamin DK. Racial Difference in Blood Pressure Response to Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors in Children: A Meta-Analysis. Clinical Pharmacology Therapeutics. 2008; 84(3):315-9.
Zhang GX, Baker CM, Kolson DL, Rostami AM.Review: Chemokines and chemokine receptors in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis. 2000; 6(1):3-13.
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.