B. E. in Biomedical Engineering, D. J. Sanghvi Coll. of Engineering, Mumbai University (India) - May 1999.
First Class Honors with Distinction: equivalent to Summa Cum Laude Senior Project: Automated ECG Analysis
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) - Aug 2003
Thesis: Elastic Image Registration for Cardiac MRI
Advisor: Dr. Tulay Adali and Dr. Garth Beache
Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Duke University - Oct 2008
Dissertation: Multimodality Functional Imaging in the Rodent Lung
Advisor: Dr. G. Allan Johnson
Post Graduate Education and Training
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Sciences, Vanderbilt University - Jan 2009-Apr 2010
Advisor: Dr. Chad C. Quarles, and Dr. John Gore
April 2010 - Present
Instructor: University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Radiation Oncology
* Developing the use of MRI in cancer treatment for preclinical and clinical studies
* Investigating the use of diffusion weighted MRI in detecting micro-structural and functional changes in tissue architecture for patients suffering from advanced esophageal cancer
* Developing pulmonary perfusion imaging using MRI for lung cancer patients to better identify high functioning areas and incorporate this information to improve treatment outcome
* Investigating the use of 4D CT in quantifying pulmonary function especially ventilation and perfusion. Assessing the reliability of the measurement and incorporating the information in treatment planning for lung cancer patients
Radiation Treatment, Lung Cancer, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Computed Tomography, Quantitative Imaging techniques, Image Registration
Lab Techniques and Equipment* 2T, 7T GE MRI scanners
* 4.7T, 7.0T, 9.4T Varian MRI scanners
Mistry NN, Thomas A, Kaushik SS, Johnson GA, Driehuys B. Quantitative analysis of hyperpolarized 3He ventilation changes in mice challenged with methacholine. Magn Reson Med. 2010 Mar;63(3):658-66. PubMed PMID: 20187176.
Mistry NN, Qi Y, Hedlund LW, Johnson GA. Ventilation/perfusion imaging in a rat model of airway obstruction. Magn Reson Med. 2010 Mar;63(3):728-35. PubMed PMID: 20146375; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2832088.
de Lin M, Ning L, Badea CT, Mistry NN, Qi Y, Johnson GA. A high-precision contrast injector for small animal x-ray digital subtraction angiography. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2008 Mar;55(3):1082-91. PubMed PMID: 18334400; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2685207.
Badea CT, Wetzel AW, Mistry N, Pomerantz S, Nave D, Johnson GA. Left ventricle volume measurements in cardiac micro-CT: the impact of radiation dose and contrast agent. Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2008 Apr;32(3):239-50. PubMed PMID: 18243656; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2276250.
Mistry NN, Pollaro J, Song J, De Lin M, Johnson GA. Pulmonary perfusion imaging in the rodent lung using dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2008 Feb;59(2):289-97. PubMed PMID: 18228577; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2738602.
Driehuys B, Walker J, Pollaro J, Cofer GP, Mistry N, Schwartz D, Johnson GA. 3He MRI in mouse models of asthma. Magn Reson Med. 2007 Nov;58(5):893-900. PubMed PMID: 17969115; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2746053.
Mistry NN, Hsu EW. Retrospective distortion correction for 3D MR diffusion tensor microscopy using mutual information and Fourier deformations. Magn Reson Med. 2006 Aug;56(2):310-6. PubMed PMID: 16773654.