- MD: Medical Center of Fudan University, China
- Ph.D: Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tokyo, Japan
- PostDoc.: Molecular Medicine, Columbia University, NY
- Residency: Internal Medicine/St. Peter's University Hospital, NJ; Nuclear Medicine/Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, PA
- Fellowship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, PA
More than a decade of research experiences in molecular and cellular biology of lipid metabolism and atherosclerosis, and 8 years of experience in nuclear medicine, particularly PET/CT imaging both in clinical and research settings. 50 papers and book chapters in the basic science and imaging of atherosclerosis as well as clinical Nuclear Medicine.
Molecular PET/CT imaging of atherosclerosis
Grants & Contracts:
Glucose metabolism in macrophage foam cells: Molecular mechanism for FDG-PET imaging of atherosclerosis
Pilot research grant
Nuclear Medicine/Molecular Imaging
SNMMI Total Direct Costs: $10,000
18F-Proline PET/CT Imaging for the Detection of Early Liver Fibrosis
UMB/UMCP seed fund
Total Direct Costs: $75,000
- Chen W, Parson M, Torigian DA, Zhuang H, Alavi A. Evaluation of thyroid FDG uptake incidentally identified on FDG-PET/CT imaging. Nucl Med Commun. 2009 Mar, 30(3):240-244.
- Cheng G, Chen W, Chamroonrat W, Torigian DA, Zhuang H, Alavi A. Biopsy versus FDG PET/CT in the initial evaluation of bone marrow involvement in pediatric lymphoma patients. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2011 Aug, 38(8):1469-1476.
- Cao Q, Lu M, Heath J, Hausner P, Alexander HR, Dilsizian V, and Chen W. F-18 FDG PET/CT in a Recurrent Diffuse Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma. Clin Nucl Med. 2012 May, 37(5):492-494.
- Tan S, Kligerman S, Chen W, Lu M, Kim G, Feigenberg S, D'Souza W, Suntharalingam M, Lu W. Spatial-Temporal FDG-PET Features for Predicting Pathologic Response of Esophageal Cancer to Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Dec, (Epub ahead of print)
- Chen W, Zhuang H, Cheng G, Torigian DA, Alavi A. Comparison of FDG-PET, MRI and CT for post radiofrequency ablation evaluation of hepatic tumors. Ann Nucl Med. 2013 Jan, 27(1):58-64.
- Cao Q, Lu M, Huebner T, Dilsizian V, and Chen W. F-18 FDG PET/CT in a Rare Malignant Extra-Skeletal Osteosarcoma. Clin Nucl Med. 2013, in press.
- Rezaee A, Zhao X, Dilsizia V, and Chen W. Pediatric Presentation of Splenic Marginal Zone Lymphoma on FDG PET/CT Scan. Clin Nucl Med. 2013, in press.