Leyla J. Ghazi
- 1995-1999: Franklin and Marshall College, B. A., Biological Foundations of Behavior (Neuroscience)
- 2000-2004: George Washington University School of Medicine, M.D.
- 2004-2007: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Internal Medicine Residency
- 2007-2010: University of Maryland Medical Center and Baltimore VA Medical Center, Gastroenterology Fellowship
The combined role of imaging and anti-TNF therapy for the treatment of perianal Crohn's disease, and women's health and pregnancy concerns in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Gastroenterology, Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Ghazi L and Cross RK. Fever of unknown origin in an immunosuppressed patient with Crohn’s disease: an unusual cause. Practical Gastroenterology. 2010;15(11):42-44.
- Yanai H, Yun L, Nguyen G, Lebwohl O, Navaneethan U, Stone C, Ghazi L, Brooks J, Bernstein CN, Moayyedi P, and Ben-Horin S. Practice of gastroenterologists in treating flaring inflammatory bowel disease patients with clostridium difficile: antibiotics alone or combined antibiotics /immunomodulators? Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011;17(7):1540-6.
- Ghazi L, Patil S, Rustgi A, Flasar M, Cross R. Step Up versus Early Biologic Therapy for Crohn’s Disease in Clinical Practice. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19(7):1397-403.
- Ghazi L, Lydecker A, Patil S, Rustgi A, Cross R, Flasar M. Racial Differences in Disease Activity and Quality of Life in Patients with Crohn's disease. Dig Dis and Sci April 2014 (Epub).
- Stoddard P, Ghazi L, Wong JW, Cross R, Vandermeer F. Magnetic Resonance Enterography: State of the Art. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2014.
- Ghazi L, Patil S, Cross R. Sexual Dysfunction in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Clinical Guidelines for the Management of Crohn’s Perianal Fistula.
- Ghazi LJ and Cross RK (2011). Benefits of Enhancing Patient-Medical Professional Interface. Advanced Therapy in IBD.
- Ghazi LJ and Schwartz DA (2011). What is the role of endorectal ultrasound in patients with rectal cancer, and do all patients with rectal cancer need to have an endorectal ultrasound? Curbside Consultation in GI Cancer for the Gastroenterologist: 49 Clinical Questions.
- Ghazi LJ and Schwartz DA (2013). Chapter 3: Perianal disease and perianal fistulizing Crohn’s disease. Clinical Challenges and Complications of IBD.
- Ghazi L and Schwartz DA (2014). Problem-based Approach to Diagnosis and Differential Diagnosis: Perianal Disease. Practical Gastroenterology and Hepatology.