- Celi FS, Negri C, Tanner K, Raben N, De Pablo F, Rovira A, Pallando LF, Marin-Vaguero P, Mitchell BD, Stern MP, Shuldiner AR. Molecular scanning for mutations in the insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1) gene in Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Metab Res Rev 16:370-377, 2000.
- Cole SA, Mitchell BD, Hsueh W-C, Pineda P, Beamer BA, Shuldiner AR, Comuzzie AG, Blangero J, Hixson JE. The Pro12Ala variant of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-2 (PPAR-2) is associated with measures of obesity in Mexican Americans. Int J Obes 24:522-524, 2000.
- Hsueh W-C, Mitchell BD, Aburomia R, Sakul H, Ehm MG, Michelsen B, Wagner MJ, St. Jean PL, Knowler WC, Burns DK, Bell CJ, Shuldiner AR. Diabetes in the Old Order Amish: characterization and heritability analysis of the Amish Family Diabetes Study. Diab Care 23:595-601, 2000.
- Hsueh W-C, Mitchell BD, Hixson JE, Rainwater DL. Effect of apoE polymorphism on plasma lipids and lipoproteins in Mexican Americans. Ann Epidemiol 10:524-531, 2000.
- Hsueh W-C, Mitchell BD, Schneider JL, Wagner M, Bell CJ, Nanthakamur E, Shuldiner AR. A QTL influencing blood pressure maps to the region of PPH1 on chromosome 2q31-34 in the Old Order Amish. Circulation 101:2810-2816, 2000.
- Mitchell BD, Cole SA, Bauer RL, Iturria SJ, Blangero J, Rodriguez EA, MacCluer JW, Hixson JE. Genes influencing variation in serum osteocalcin concentrations are linked to markers on chromosomes 16 and 20. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:1362-1366, 2000.
- Mitchell BD, Cole SA, Hsueh W-C, Comuzzie AG, Blangero J, MacCluer JW, Hixson JE. Linkage of serum insulin concentrations to chromosome 3p in Mexican Americans. Diabetes 49:513-516, 2000.
- Rainwater DL, Mitchell BD, Comuzzie AG, VandeBerg JL, Stern MP, MacCluer JW. Associations among 5-year changes in weight, physical activity, and cardiovascular disease risk factors in Mexican Americans. Am J Epidemiol 152:974-982, 2000.