- All recruitment waivers must receive final approval at the campus level, even though the Dean's Office may endorse the waiver.
- All recruitment waivers must adhere to the following guidelines.
Affirmative Action Recruitment Waivers
University guidelines allow for the waiver of faculty and staff recruitment only when certain criteria are met. A waiver may be considered providing that sufficient documentation and justification are provided.
Waiver requests for clinical appointments are considered on a case-by-case basis. Waiver of the formal recruitment process may be appropriate only under a very limited number of circumstances such as:
- If there is an immediate need to fill a clinical position to assure programmatic continuity.
- If there is an immediate need to fill a clinical position to assure delivery of patient care.
Waiver requests for research-based appointments are usually granted under one of the following circumstances:
- The individual is named on a grant or contract.
- The individual is not named on the grant or contract but is of critical importance to the completion and success of the project.